Windows 10: Lost all profiles for Thunderbird, Chrome etc after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Lost all profiles for Thunderbird, Chrome etc after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After Windows 10 updated it wouldn't let me log in any more. I got an error The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rtlee, Aug 3, 2019.

1. rtlee Win User

Lost all profiles for Thunderbird, Chrome etc after Windows 10 update

After Windows 10 updated it wouldn't let me log in any more. I got an error The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

I followed steps online to recover it and I can log in. But when I launch all my programs like Chrome and Thunderbird it has none of my configuration. It's treating me like I'm a new user with a brand new profile.

How can I fix this so all my programs have all their settings and options please? Thank you.

:)

rtlee, Aug 3, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Lost all profiles for Thunderbird, Chrome etc after Windows 10 update :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 3, 2019
  3. TimDoran Win User
    Recover Thunderbird profile after Windows 10 Creators Update failed completely

Hello,

I would like to recover my Thunderbird profile folder after the Windows 10 Creators Update failed, along with all Windows 10 built-in rescue and / or recovery options.

I have been able to recover almost all my document, photo, video and audio files using the method described here: "Rescue Files when Windows Won't Start," which can be found at Rescue Files when Windows Won't Start

However, I cannot get to my T'bird profile folder, which Thunderbird stores in the \users\username\appdata\Roaming folder.

I can get to the Users folder, but it does not contain the Thunderbird profile folder as it does when Win 10 is properly installed.

I've tried unsuccessfully navigating through the command prompt, which launches at x:\windows\system32

But the update process recreated the drive structure, and I am not able to change to another directory, although I can move up a level to x:\windows and get a dir listing. I admit I have forgotten nearly every DOS command I ever
    learned years ago.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

TimDoran, Aug 3, 2019
  4. malware Win User

Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 Released

Mozilla Corporation today announced Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 for Windows, Mac, and Linux as a free download from here. Due to the security fixes, this update is strongly recommend to all Thunderbird users. If you already have Thunderbird 2.0.0.x, you will receive an automated update notification within 24 to 48 hours. This update can also be applied manually by selecting "Check for Updates…" from the Help menu. For a list of changes and more information, please review the Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 Release Notes.

Source: Mozilla

malware, Aug 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Lost all profiles for Thunderbird, Chrome etc after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Lost profiles Thunderbird

2. TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST: Hello, I'm in panik because I was for some reason logged in with temp profile. I logged off and logged in again and it was a temp profile.I checked the disk and my user's folder was EMPTY!!!Please tell me there is something I can do about it I'm in shock. There are plenty of...
  3. TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST: Hello, I'm in panik because I was for some reason logged in with temp profile. I logged off and logged in again and it was a temp profile.I checked the disk and my user's folder was EMPTY!!!Please tell me there is something I can do about it I'm in shock. There are plenty of...
  4. TEMP PROFILE AND ALL DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Recent windows 10 update wiped all my files, profiles, etc.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recent windows 10 update wiped all my files, profiles, etc.: Have a newer computer that came with Windows 10 installed. Set up the machine, installed some software, set up my browsers with profiles. Got a recent windows update, and then all my files disappeared, all my browser profiles were gone. When I reloaded my files back onto...
  6. Lost all files after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost all files after update: Hello, My computer recently did an update and now all my files are not there. My apps are still on the pc but they all need reinstalled. Also, when I look into the users folder there are only two files: TEMP &Public. And my profile isn't there. Even my wallpaper was...
  7. Profile Lost After updating to v2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Profile Lost After updating to v2004: Just updated windows, tried to log in and got the error "unable to load user's profile" Restarted, tried to log in again, and now windows created a new profile. Same Microsoft account, but it's like I created a new profile. Checked in the user file, my profile is still...
  8. Thunderbird Profile problems

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird Profile problems: Windows v 1903 I have been running Windows 10 for about 3 months now. And in that time I have used Thunderbird for Email. Now, suddenly, it demands that I set up a Profile. But it won't let me set one up. There is no way I can produce a new profile or get one to "stick" in...
  9. Lost all profiles for Thunderbird, Chrome etc after Windows 10 update

in Browsers and Email
    Lost all profiles for Thunderbird, Chrome etc after Windows 10 update: After Windows 10 updated it wouldn't let me log in any more. I got an error The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded. I followed steps online to recover it (resetting State to 0 and RefCount to 0) and I can now log in. It had my...
  10. Lost Desktop /Profile after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Desktop /Profile after Windows 10 Update: After updating my PC the "Hi, we are working on your pc" flashed for nearly an hour before a blank unusable desktop appeared. A Halt error appears and the process begins anew. How do I get my computer back?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thunderbird blank after update