Windows 10: Lost all settings, profiles and bookmarks after 1903V Upgrade

Discus and support Lost all settings, profiles and bookmarks after 1903V Upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, my first post ever on a MS forum. Yesterday, my PC got upgraded to 1903 and ALL my settings, profiles and bookmarks were gone afterwards. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Arntfla, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Arntfla Win User

Lost all settings, profiles and bookmarks after 1903V Upgrade

Hello, my first post ever on a MS forum.

Yesterday, my PC got upgraded to 1903 and ALL my settings, profiles and bookmarks were gone afterwards. The issue list is even longer, with programs refusing to start, failing, etc. But OK, I've now spent hours putting things back into order again. Then there was a restart required this afternoon, and afterwards, all settings, profiles and bookmarks were deleted again. This is becoming a true nightmare, I'm in shock that this could actually happen, and I just wonder if others have gone through this and if things get better or worse?

:)

Arntfla, Sep 14, 2019
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Lost all settings, profiles and bookmarks after 1903V Upgrade :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Sep 14, 2019
  3. graye Win User
    Problem with importing bookmarks

It could be related to an issue with the Chrome "profile". Take a look at this article that describes the problem and suggests a fix

http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/ms-edge-not-listing-chrome-import-favorites/

graye, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Lost all settings, profiles and bookmarks after 1903V Upgrade - Similar Threads - Lost settings profiles

2. Lost highlights and bookmarks after update Freda

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost highlights and bookmarks after update Freda: Good eveningAfter Windows' last update all my recent read books .epub have lost its highlights and bookmarks. Books I haven't touched in a while still retain theirs.I use Freda to read my .epubs. How can I revert this?Thanks...
  3. Lost highlights and bookmarks after update Freda

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost highlights and bookmarks after update Freda: Good eveningAfter Windows' last update all my recent read books .epub have lost its highlights and bookmarks. Books I haven't touched in a while still retain theirs.I use Freda to read my .epubs. How can I revert this?Thanks...
  4. Lost highlights and bookmarks after update Freda

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lost Chrome Bookmarks

Lost Chrome Bookmarks: Hello, I've upgraded Windows and lost all my bookmarks. Please help how to recover my bookmark history. Best, Tiko https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-chrome-bookmarks/220fe9aa-64c9-4099-a308-dfd88550ed5b
  6. windows 1903v

windows 1903v: I tried to install 1903 version 4 times but it kept telling me there was an error .I troubleshooted it every time no luck .I deleted all downloaded windows files from disk clean tool also no luck please help...
  7. Lost all my files after upgrade

Lost all my files after upgrade: My laptop undertook an automatic upgrade yesterday and now I cannot find any of my previously saved documents and files - photos and many word document. I have tried looking in the C drive and users - all folders empty. How can I recover these many files that I thought I...
  8. Lost bookmarks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost bookmarks: I have lost my bookmarks in Windows 10. Also lost my toolbar. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-bookmarks/c0427a3d-b8b6-4cbe-b561-7a40074f4cdb"
  9. lost my bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    lost my bookmarks: all of my bookmarks and saved log on/passwords are gone. i've been reading how to restore the bookmarks from the backup json file, but can't get it to work. i use firefox and windows 10 79569
  10. Mozilla lost bookmarks and passwords after upgrade

Mozilla lost bookmarks and passwords after upgrade: Hey, Anybody else have the wonderful experience of losing all their bookmarks and their password database when they restarted Firefox after the update from Windows 7 (or any other version) -> Windows 10?? Yes, did create system image but did not preserve C:\users (->...