Windows 10: Lost almost all my files when I gave Onedrive permission to clear space

Discus and support Lost almost all my files when I gave Onedrive permission to clear space in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys,So I am extremely desperate here. My father recently passed away, and all my pictures of him are now gone.I did not have a paid Microsoft 365... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rosanne Bezemer, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Lost almost all my files when I gave Onedrive permission to clear space

Hi guys,So I am extremely desperate here. My father recently passed away, and all my pictures of him are now gone.I did not have a paid Microsoft 365 account, but my computer stored everything automatically on OneDrive. I must say I am not very good with this stuff, so sorry if I am explaining it poorly.Apparently my storage was full, so I kept getting a message saying I could not receive emails unless I cleared some space. I gave Onedrive permission to clear space, and then deleted everything in my recycle bin.Since all the files were also on my Desktop, I did not think they would be gone. Bu

:)

Rosanne Bezemer, Jun 5, 2023

2. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jun 5, 2023
  3. Accidentally Cancelled An Update - Which files can be removed to clear space

• Right-click start and choose "Run" then type cleanmgr ("cleanup manager") and click OK.
    • If asked to choose a drive, pick your C: drive (or wherever Windows is installed).
    • In the popup, ignore everything and click the "Clean up system files" button. Don't miss this step.
    • Now you can select all the update-related stuff above to clear it out (or clear it all, all of it is safe to remove if you want to free space).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 5, 2023
  4. Ztruker Win User

Lost almost all my files when I gave Onedrive permission to clear space

OneDrive

Step 3. Under "Files On-Demand," check the Save space and download files as you use themto enable the feature.

Lost almost all my files when I gave Onedrive permission to clear space 286307d1593739622t-onedrive-enable-files-ondemand-onedrive.jpg

Ztruker, Jun 5, 2023
Thema:

Lost almost all my files when I gave Onedrive permission to clear space

1. Lost almost all my files when I gave Onedrive permission to clear space - Similar Threads - Lost almost files

2. Can't clear space in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't clear space in Onedrive: I keep deleting large files, and emptying the bin so that I clear over 90% of the storage space by wiping all photos, but a week or so later, I'll always get a notification that the storage is full and that my access will be removed by a certain date? How do I delete these...
  3. Can't clear space in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't clear space in Onedrive: I keep deleting large files, and emptying the bin so that I clear over 90% of the storage space by wiping all photos, but a week or so later, I'll always get a notification that the storage is full and that my access will be removed by a certain date? How do I delete these...
  4. I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!: My computer was giving me a warning for the storage being too full, and the "Free Up Space" option wasn't being any help, so I opened up Treesize and tried to find something to delete there.I saw that Onedrive was taking up a lot of space, so I went to the Onedrive app and...
  5. I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost all my Onedrive and Desktop files, HELP!: My computer was giving me a warning for the storage being too full, and the "Free Up Space" option wasn't being any help, so I opened up Treesize and tried to find something to delete there.I saw that Onedrive was taking up a lot of space, so I went to the Onedrive app and...
  6. Lost almost all my files when I gave Onedrive permission to clear space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost almost all my files when I gave Onedrive permission to clear space: Hi guys,So I am extremely desperate here. My father recently passed away, and all my pictures of him are now gone.I did not have a paid Microsoft 365 account, but my computer stored everything automatically on OneDrive. I must say I am not very good with this stuff, so sorry...
  7. Lost almost all my files when I gave Onedrive permission to clear space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost almost all my files when I gave Onedrive permission to clear space: Hi guys,So I am extremely desperate here. My father recently passed away, and all my pictures of him are now gone.I did not have a paid Microsoft 365 account, but my computer stored everything automatically on OneDrive. I must say I am not very good with this stuff, so sorry...
  8. OneDrive: LOST ALL FILES!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    OneDrive: LOST ALL FILES!: Well, for some unknown reason ALL my OneDrive files are LOST. Anyway to get them back? A message on my Win10Pro system said I could recover them from the Recycle Bin but they aren't there. Zilch. Thoughts? This wasn't during an upgrade. I have been copying pictures and...
  9. i lost all my permissions for anything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    i lost all my permissions for anything.: so basically i was in settings on c disk security and i deleted almost all users in "Groups or user names" except my user (which has limited access). i was trying to turn off "trustedinstaller" to delete windows powershell. but well i'm stupid and did that and now i can't...
  10. Lost Permission to almost everything in the system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Permission to almost everything in the system.: Hello, First things first, I did mess something up ... I was really getting annoyed about svchosts internet usage, so I gave myself rights to edit and move the exe, BUT ONLY the exe. I then cut it out of the system32 folder and pasted it on my desktop. I continued to use my...