Windows 10: Lost an entire folder of files.

Discus and support Lost an entire folder of files. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys, Please I lost an entire folder of files today in drive d. Am not sure I mistakenly deleted it because the folder properties still show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jacoby11, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Jacoby11 Win User

Lost an entire folder of files.

Hello guys,

Please I lost an entire folder of files today in drive d. Am not sure I mistakenly deleted it because the folder properties still show that the allocated space for the folder is still the same 368gb. All subfolders are also present but showing as empty folders. I checked hidden folders and files in the view tab to be sure I didn't mistakenly hide them, I also checked to make sure they're not in the recycle bin. This is the only folder affected in drive d. I used a software recovery tool EaseUS data recovery wizard to scan the said folder and it shows all the files present in the folder, hell I can even preview them, but it turns out I have to pay before the app can work. Am not sure what do now. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I use a Dell Inspiron 15 on windows 10 pro, 2004,

Jacoby.

:)

Jacoby11, Aug 21, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Lost folders on Update

Hi,

There are ways to recover some missing files on Windows 10. For us to help you recover them, we'd like to ask a few things. Kindly answer the following:

• Are you using an Administator account to search for the missing folders/files?
    • Are you able to find the missing files/folders using Search?
    • What specific files/folders are missing?

Meanwhile, as an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the troubleshooting steps given.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Aug 21, 2020
  3. gabbydgar Win User
    Folder in Favorites lost

Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost folder or how to restore it.

gabbydgar, Aug 21, 2020
  4. Lost an entire folder of files.

Files lost after Automatic Repair

Hi,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to refer the link provided below and check if it helps.

The files & folders from the previous operating system after the upgrade to Windows 10 might have been saved in the
    windows.old folder. Check if the lost files and folders are present in
    windows.old folder by following the steps below:

Step 1: Using Cortana

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type
      windows.old in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Step 2: Using Windows explorer

• Press Windows logo + E keys on the keyboard to open Windows Explorer.

• Click on This PC option from the left side panel of the window.

• Type windows.old in the Search This PC
      box located at the top right corner of the window.

• Follow the file/folder path to check the contents of the same.

Refer to the link below on Find lost files after the update to Windows 10 and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/find-lost-files-after-the-update-to-windows-10

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 21, 2020
Thema:

Lost an entire folder of files.

1. Lost an entire folder of files. - Similar Threads - Lost entire folder

2. Lost folder/file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost folder/file: When I do a search I see that my file is in a folder called .Trash in icloud but I cannot find any .Trash file and I get an error message. I spoke to Apple support but they said ask Microsoft! My Dell PC has Win10 Pro 22H2Basically I keep my current documents in a folder...
  3. Lost folder/file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost folder/file: When I do a search I see that my file is in a folder called .Trash in icloud but I cannot find any .Trash file and I get an error message. I spoke to Apple support but they said ask Microsoft! My Dell PC has Win10 Pro 22H2Basically I keep my current documents in a folder...
  4. Lost folder/file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lost files and folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost files and folders: Hello,I have a personal work email on my computer and then we added the same work email to a onedrive work account. We went to delete the personal onedrive and I lost all my files that were in it and they are no where to be found. They are not in the recycle bin anywhere. I...
  6. Lost files and folders

Lost files and folders: Hello,I have a personal work email on my computer and then we added the same work email to a onedrive work account. We went to delete the personal onedrive and I lost all my files that were in it and they are no where to be found. They are not in the recycle bin anywhere. I...
  7. Rename multiple files in entire folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rename multiple files in entire folder: Hello, I have problem with renaming entire folder of photos in windows 11, when I select all and give the first file a name then I hit enter, it gives every two files same exact name until it reaches to file No. 4 then starts to give different for each one, but it should give...
  8. Rename multiple files in entire folder

Rename multiple files in entire folder: Hello, I have problem with renaming entire folder of photos in windows 11, when I select all and give the first file a name then I hit enter, it gives every two files same exact name until it reaches to file No. 4 then starts to give different for each one, but it should give...
  9. Lost Files / Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Files / Folders: When I open my computer this morning, I've noticed that my desktop was new without my Files and Folders in the desktop so I'm thinking because of the update. So, I've looked on my files in other folder and cut and paste in the current desktop but after couple of minutes, my...
  10. Help - I've lost an entire folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Help - I've lost an entire folder in Windows 10: My folder in C\Users\name\folder disappeared when I clicked on it as I was trying to upload a document. I didn't delete or remove. I just double clicked on the folder name and the folder went off the screen and now I can't find it by searching my PC or looking for...