Windows 10: Lost an hours worth of text in a Word document - can I get it back

Discus and support Lost an hours worth of text in a Word document - can I get it back in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've just spent an hour working on a train, then got a blue screen error, restarted and my Word document lost all the changes I had made since I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LydiaBezeruk, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Lost an hours worth of text in a Word document - can I get it back

I've just spent an hour working on a train, then got a blue screen error, restarted and my Word document lost all the changes I had made since I started an hour ago. Is there any way of recovering an interim version at least. I thought the default save was every 10 minutes.

:)

LydiaBezeruk, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Lost text

Hi Martha,

There are a lot of possible factor for a text or a
    word document to be lost. To isolate the issue, I have some questions for you:

• What application did you use to create the text document?

• Were there any changes made before the text was lost?

• Were there any recent application installed?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 25, 2020
  3. jgunning Win User
    Recovering corrupt word documents

Please explain...?

And I know this thread is abit of a spam magnet..for that I apologise.
    Unfortunately I cannot attach one of the files due to they need to remain confidential.

I have tried the following:

- Several "text" recovery programs.
    - I have tried using word to repair and open the documents
    - I have tried opening the documents in several other text browsers - ie. Notepad, wordpad etc
    - I have tried using winzip, winrar and 7zip to retreive text
    - I have tried changing options in word to attempt to open the document as a draft.
    - I have tried to use word to "insert text" from the document

All these things havent worked for me yet.. *Cry :cry:

jgunning, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Lost an hours worth of text in a Word document - can I get it back

Lost word document

Lost word document because word stopped working and document in not in info, manage version.

CharlesMartinHO, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Lost an hours worth of text in a Word document - can I get it back

1. Lost an hours worth of text in a Word document - can I get it back - Similar Threads - Lost hours worth

2. lost word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost word document: I was typing in Microsoft word and lost my document that was not saved yet. can you please help me find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-word-document/067ec045-f627-4f62-9692-58c11bfa70f5
  3. lost word document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost word document: I was typing in Microsoft word and lost my document that was not saved yet. can you please help me find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-word-document/067ec045-f627-4f62-9692-58c11bfa70f5
  4. Lost word document

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost word document: Hello, I lost my final assignment document that was saved on my desktop, cause I deleted it permanently by mistake, right now I’m using a software called easeUS and trying to recover it, so far I have not got any documents, is there any way to recover it, please help! Thank...
  5. Lost word document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost word document: I saved a word document with notes for my dissertation several months ago and have since opened it several times, i would open it by accessing recent world documents as shown below. I am not 100% sure i saved it on to onedrive, however I know it was saved and i could access...
  6. Lost Word document

Lost Word document: I spent 3 grueling hours last night working on sections of a report. I know I saved it. Now it's not on the flashdrive and I can't recover it from the computer/word file. I had to upgrade, upload Windows --whatever yesterday. My printer hasn't been working with WORD docs...
  7. Lost old Word documents

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Lost old Word documents: I lost a lot of my old MSWord documents and i can find no trace of them. Is there a way I could get them back.? My OS is Windows 10 129333
  8. Lost old Word documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost old Word documents: I lost a lot of my old MSWord documents and i can find no trace of them. Is there a way I could get them back.? My OS is Windows 10 129333
  9. Lost word document changes

Lost word document changes: Lost file after ‘save as’ Ive lost a file that i opened and had been adding a lot of text to today. I was relying on auto save but not actually pressing save until i finished it and then tried to save it as a new title ‘save as’. Closed the file so that i could email it and...
  10. How can I get a word count for a document?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get a word count for a document?: How can I get a word count for a document? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-a-word-count-for-a-document/c21c2105-ca42-46b6-824e-c43796edbf9c