Windows 10: Lost Apps after Microsoft 'upgrade'

Discus and support Lost Apps after Microsoft 'upgrade' in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All my APPS, except any Microsoft-generated ones, disappeared from my PC's tablet view after I accepted to install the Microsoft Windows 10 'upgrade'.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SheilaRC, Jan 14, 2019.

1. SheilaRC Win User

Lost Apps after Microsoft 'upgrade'

All my APPS, except any Microsoft-generated ones, disappeared from my PC's tablet view after I accepted to install the Microsoft Windows 10 'upgrade'.

I spent an hour resetting the apps I most frequently used.

I shut down my computer and when I reopened it the same Microsoft default APPs showed but none of the ones I re-set.

Do I try again or do I have to make do with using the APP menu list?

:)

SheilaRC, Jan 14, 2019

2. Lost app's after windows 10 upgrade ! ? '

Hello David,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Lost apps and back up files after upgrading to Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

• Which all apps are lost after upgrading to Windows 10?
    • Where have you stored the back-up files?

If the files were stored in C: drive then we suggest you to kindly open C: drive in File explorer and then open
    Windows.old folder and check if the files are present.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 14, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Lost Apps after Microsoft 'upgrade' :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Lost Apps after Microsoft 'upgrade'

I have lost the Microsoft Games and other apps

Hi Betty,

Thanks for posting to our Microsoft community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

You could always download free games with the help of Windows Store.

Please follow the below steps and check if it helps,

Step 1
    : Run the Windows App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to download and run the app troubleshooter from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Step 2: Run the Power troubleshooter on the system.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Power troubleshooter
    Step 3:

• Type Power Option and press
      Enter.
    • Click on choose what the power button does and check whether
      When I press the power button is Shutdown
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Anup Karkal, Jan 14, 2019
  5. Gareth New Member
    Hello! I gave application development and testing to iTechArt NYC ! These service are unique, they will listen to your ideas and will do even better with refinement, plus they will test (QA) it and start promoting it .. In general, the masters of their craft. The real startups are growing up here, which then successfully grow into big business!

Gareth, Jan 15, 2019
Thema:

Lost Apps after Microsoft 'upgrade'

1. Lost Apps after Microsoft 'upgrade' - Similar Threads - Lost Apps Microsoft

2. Lost pinned apps in start menu after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost pinned apps in start menu after upgrading to windows 11: When i upgraded to windows 11 last month, I lost my pinned apps in the start menu that i had in windows 10. How can i restore all these pinned apps that i had before i upgraded windows? I DON'T want to hear that its not possible....
  3. after recent upgrade lost control

after recent upgrade lost control: help.microsoft.cm https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-recent-upgrade-lost-control/79de8210-d570-47d2-aec4-428545b24f39
  4. after recent upgrade lost control

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    after recent upgrade lost control: still having problems case # 1013704747 code 785725 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-recent-upgrade-lost-control/5cd48618-a219-44f1-9c19-73571486704f
  5. microsoft apps lost after upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10

microsoft apps lost after upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10: Hi sir, Before the upgrade to windows 10, i had microsoft word, powerpoint, excel in my laptop. But after upgradation it's all lost. If i am trying to download they are asking to buy it. Please help....
  6. Lost content of windows.old after upgrade

Lost content of windows.old after upgrade: Hi there, I have a very vital problem. Some weeks ago, I corrupted the boot file for my windows when attempting splitting partitions to enable dual boot. Yesterday, I reinstalled windows with a bootable disk for windows preview that I had in 2018. Everything worked...
  7. Lost WiFi icon after upgrade

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost WiFi icon after upgrade: How can this Surface product suddenly lose its Wifi icon...tried all sorts of suggestions from Microsoft Customer Support (escalated to Level 2). Each time they call me, they didn't seem to have read up the notes, because they all ask me to try suggestions from the beginning...
  8. lost microsoft apps after reset

lost microsoft apps after reset: Please help! after the recommended reset to improve laptop performance, all the apps that came with purchase of laptop are gone. cant even play dvds/cds! I hope I wont have to buy all those apps. cheaper to just buy new laptop. any suggestions would be appreciated!...
  9. Lost Drives after upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost Drives after upgrade: I upgraded from win 7 64 bit to Windows 10 "c drive" and lost my two drives (E and F) that I use as backups to my primary drive. My primary "c" drive is actually 2 drives that are mirrored so if one would fail I can replace it and not lose a thing. These are 1TB drives so...
  10. lost internet after upgrade solved

lost internet after upgrade solved: I upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and lost LAN, so could not connect to internet. Troubleshooter advised a possible driver problem with the network card, however the Realtek GBT family card showed up as working in device manager. Researching Internet came up with no solution. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost my microsoft apps