Windows 10: Lost Apps and factory installed programs after win 10 reset

Discus and support Lost Apps and factory installed programs after win 10 reset in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My HP Desktop computer came with windows 8.1 and several additional programs. I have installed windows 10 and the programs and apps were still there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by belboz, Nov 7, 2015.

1. belboz Win User

Lost Apps and factory installed programs after win 10 reset

My HP Desktop computer came with windows 8.1 and several additional programs.
    I have installed windows 10 and the programs and apps were still there.
    Since I have done a refresh I have lost the HP installed programs and the apps.
    On the desk top the program and app icons are monochrome.
    I can reinstall the apps from windows store
    But how can I get back the others.

:)

belboz, Nov 7, 2015
  2. Wemrick Win User

bad 10 download on high end surface pro..loads to constantly blinking home screen but no access to icons.

Found my solution to this .... did shift key ... and reset got blue screen with options could not just recover but I could recover win 10 but lost all my other programs data was ok but already had it backed....did not need to factory reset as 10
    was fully loaded but not working

Wemrick, Nov 7, 2015
  3. How will my laptop upgrade to Win 10

I had reserved Windows 10 for my laptop but recently, I factory reset it and now after i updated the software to Windows 8.1, I can not see the Win 10 App.........What Should i do? Is my reservation lost? If not then how should i download the upgrade for
    Windows 10.

Thank you,

Regard,

Ravi Agrawal.

Ravi_Agrawal1305, Nov 7, 2015
  4. Berton Win User

Due to an infection a client got I had to do it once and got the same result. The only choice to get the HP-furnished software was to use the discs the client was smart/alert enough to have made to get Win8.1 back then do the Upgrade again followed by any other programs.

Berton, Nov 7, 2015
Thema:

1. Lost Apps and factory installed programs after win 10 reset - Similar Threads - Lost Apps factory

2. lost my windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost my windows 10 after factory reset: I recently did a factor y reset on my desktop and it reverted all the way back to windows7 and now I can’t get back to windows 10 cause I have no knowledge of what the key was and it tells me I can’t update to windows ten without the key. After trying many times to reset when...
  3. lost my windows 10 after factory reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost my windows 10 after factory reset: I recently did a factor y reset on my desktop and it reverted all the way back to windows7 and now I can’t get back to windows 10 cause I have no knowledge of what the key was and it tells me I can’t update to windows ten without the key. After trying many times to reset when...
  4. Lost windows 10 after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost windows 10 after factory reset.: I have a pavilion all in one computer. Before the holidays last year this computer did a windows 10 update. This update caused all types of problems. I got online and found there were alot of people having the same issue. They were all saying that they did a "uninstall latest...
  5. Lost windows 10 after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost windows 10 after factory reset.: I have a pavilion all in one computer. Before the holidays last year this computer did a windows 10 update. This update caused all types of problems. I got online and found there were alot of people having the same issue. They were all saying that they did a "uninstall latest...
  6. Lost windows 10 after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Factory Reset A Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset A Win 10: I have a win 10 in which factory reset is not possible as when I go into the screen which shows the reset options only the UEFI option shows in the Advanced mode, picture for ref...
  8. Lost windows 10 after factory reset

Lost windows 10 after factory reset: Hi I have a Dell laptop with Windows 8 originally installed. I had installed windows 10 on it. After I factory reset with windows, 10 installed it turned back on and got back windows 8.1 So is it possible to get windows 10 back? I tried installing again using...
  9. after factory reset of win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after factory reset of win 10: how do I restore my Microsoft games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-factory-reset-of-win-10/70bb7097-637f-4fb7-9260-a1d7bb98e7da
  10. win 10 reset- lost program- ? recover

win 10 reset- lost program- ? recover: Hi all, recent pc problem s led to a reset. my MS Office and some other programs have now gone. I read that its apparently not recoverable ( not in recycle). I ran "Recuva" to check and it shows all sorts of files around that time but nothing that I think looks Office...