Windows 10: Lost Apps

Discus and support Lost Apps in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After I removed my Hi startup pin code I lost several apps, my desktop and some drivers. Also My email accounts are all gone. How can I get them back?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdBu49, Jan 13, 2021 at 11:57 AM.

1. AdBu49 Win User

Lost Apps

After I removed my Hi startup pin code I lost several apps, my desktop and some drivers. Also My email accounts are all gone.

How can I get them back?

:)

2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done Lost Apps :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Lost Apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

4. Mark Ole Win User

Lost Apps

lost points?

Hi Susan,

It seems that the issue is with the Window Store app cache. We suggest that you clear Store cache by following these steps:

• Right-click the Start button and choose Run.
    • In the Run window, type in wsreset.exe and click OK.

An empty command prompt window will open up.
    • When the reset is complete, this window will close and the Store window will open.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Thema:

Lost Apps

1. Lost Apps - Similar Threads - Lost Apps

2. Lost all desktop files, apps and photos since update of last night

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost all desktop files, apps and photos since update of last night: Hi, Need help with the following: There was an automatic update on my computer last night January 14th. The Update appears to be called "Quality Update" with a number of 107, not sure if it means 107 updates or other? All my desktop files, apps, pictures, shortcuts are...
  3. lost some apps and app setting and all files(need VERY urgent help)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    lost some apps and app setting and all files(need VERY urgent help): So hey I need a very urgent help, just now I wanted to enable Cortana in my Windows 10 and I did it by following the following method- win+r then search rededit Went to here Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Search double click...
  4. What data will be lost if I reset my app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What data will be lost if I reset my app?: I got this error while trying to play a video of mine "0xc00db3b2", I think I need to reset my Movies & TV app but I saw the warning that my data will be lost if I do so. Will all of my video go away?...
  5. Sound was lost in apps except of chrome

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound was lost in apps except of chrome: Hi, In windows 10, I have lost audio in all apps and web sources including the sound made when changing the volume threshold except chrome. Any web site that supports audio/video in chrome seems unaffected. The same sites in other browsers do not play sound plus any player...
  6. i lost all my apps when restoring and resetting my computer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i lost all my apps when restoring and resetting my computer.: I lost all my apps including my taxes when I reset and restored my computer this morning. how do I restore my apps, or how do I reset my computer to a previous time before all this happened? system restore only has times after it happened. I need to go back to yesterday,...
  7. Lost icons for some apps, and also for jpg file

Lost icons for some apps, and also for jpg file: [ATTACH] Hello all, I hope someone will be able to help, I lost icons for some apps, and also for jpg file. This is mainly Microsoft apps. But also .jpg icon is gone when assigned with Windows Photos, works fine when default viewer is irfan...
  8. Any way to prevent UWP apps from suspending on lost focus?

Any way to prevent UWP apps from suspending on lost focus?: I'm trying to play minecraft W10 with friends but when it's fullscreen and i alt-tab or windowed and minimized the game basically closes and gets the little green leaf in task manager and when i alt-tab back it disconnects me from the server. Any way to stop it from getting...
  9. Latest update lost scroll arrows on Photos App again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest update lost scroll arrows on Photos App again: This happened last update too, so frustrating. Since I updated yesterday I have lost the scroll arrows on the photo's app screen, and I can't scroll with my keyboard arrows, between photo's. However this time I can't seem to resolve it, and I've done the advice in...
  10. Using Word 2010 - have lost app association to .docx

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Using Word 2010 - have lost app association to .docx: I have owned my brand new win10 desktop for a couple of weeks and have installed my copy of MS Word 2010 on it and am using it very much as I have a big community project I have been putting in big hours on. Now suddenly I have just lost the application association that I had...