Windows 10: Lost Audio when Updates

Discus and support Lost Audio when Updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; EVERY time my computer updates HP spectre 360 I lose my audio. Both the speakers in the computer AND when I connect to my TV for workouts. So sick... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RichelleSmith1, May 8, 2021.

1. Lost Audio when Updates

EVERY time my computer updates HP spectre 360 I lose my audio. Both the speakers in the computer AND when I connect to my TV for workouts. So sick of this. NOT tech savvy. HELP! It will randomly fix itself at some point in the future, but would be nice if I didn't have to just stop using my computer whenever this happens. Thanks for any help!

:)

RichelleSmith1, May 8, 2021
  2. Fabler2 Win User

Lost audio.

You can also try going to device manager and expanding 'sound, video and game controllers' and right click your audio and select 'update driver'. Select 'Browse my computer for drivers' then 'Let me pick from a list of drivers on the computer'. Mine shows Realtek HD audio is selected. Try another one other than the one selected if you have a list.

Lost Audio when Updates [​IMG]

Fabler2, May 8, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, May 8, 2021
  4. Lost Audio when Updates

lost Sound Audio after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

Method 1: Type “windows updates” in the search bar and press Check for updates option. If updates are remaining, kindly install all of remaining windows updates.

Method 2: If this doesn’t help I would recommend you try updating the Audio drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand the Sound, Video and game controllers.

• Right-click on the Sound card and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.

Method 3:Try Uninstalling and then reinstalling the Sound drivers. Follow the steps below

• Press Windows key + R, type “devmgmt.msc” in the run prompt.

• Expand the Sound, video and game controllers, right-click the sound card, click uninstall.

• Restart the computer, let Windows detect the driver and install by itself.

• Manually download the latest drivers by going to the manufacturers Website.
    Hope this helps. Please respond for further queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 8, 2021
Thema:

Lost Audio when Updates

1. Lost Audio when Updates - Similar Threads - Lost Audio Updates

2. lost audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost audio: I lost my audio as a result of the latest Windows update. Is there a fix out there/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-audio/187f2d95-ac76-459b-8a53-2cb110149708
  3. Lost audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost audio: My Dell XPS 15 9570 has suddenly lost it's sound output. It no longer plays sound from any source. In Settings: Audio it says No Output Devices Found. No Input devices found. How do I recover them? Help!...
  4. Lost audio.

Lost audio.: 1909 (OS Build 18363. 1256) The PC is not producing any audio whatsoever. It was ok last time I used it. Where do I start and what should I do ? 170317
  5. Lost audio

Lost audio: DELL XPS 13 Windows 10 DELL asked me to update audio drivers. Now I don’t have audio. pls. help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-audio/f2944477-4fd8-495e-b20a-2354a2850127
  6. Lost Audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Audio: Last night my PC updated and this morning I have no audio. I have run troubleshooter, uninstalled & reinstalled Realtek, updated all drivers, still nothing. Have checked Windows sound drivers, stopped and restarted them. Dont know what else to do...HELP!...
  7. ?update windows, lost audio

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ?update windows, lost audio: on friday 2/21/20 there was an update to my hp pro book 650 computer os, version 1909 os build 18363.657, since that time i have lost audio, ran troubleshooter which keeps telling me to plug in hdmi cable. somewhere over last couple days i've tried various remedy's but no...
  8. Lost audio :(

Lost audio :(: I have an HP desk top all-in-one with windows 10 installed. It has stopped producing sound. I've run the trouble shooting program and tried everything suggested I could find on-line. In all but one case I get a "working properly" response. Under Realtek High Def. Audio...
  9. Lost audio after Windows Update.

Lost audio after Windows Update.: I'm using Windows 10 and just did an update and lost the audio for my computer's internal speakers. My device manager is missing my Sounds dropdown and instead I see this: [ATTACH] I've tried the troubleshooter and the "Update Driver" option in the context menus. This is my...
  10. Lost audio

Lost audio: My computer audio has stop working, it appears my sound card has been uninstalled??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-audio/05d7098f-0dea-4056-8344-575ed10e5487