Windows 10: Lost audio

Discus and support Lost audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; DELL XPS 13 Windows 10 DELL asked me to update audio drivers. Now I don’t have audio. pls. help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Valentin L, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Lost audio

DELL XPS 13

Windows 10

DELL asked me to update audio drivers.

Now I don’t have audio.

pls. help

:)

Valentin L, Jul 31, 2020
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Lost audio

Audio not working

Hi Mirdula,

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed to fix the issue?

For now, I suggest that you refer to the article, Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    and check if the steps provided helps rectify the issue.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Lost audio

1. Lost audio - Similar Threads - Lost audio

2. Lost audio on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost audio on Windows 10: Out of the blue Windows 10 does not detect input or output audio. Troubleshoot error message claims audio devices have a driver problem. "Restart your PC to finish installing drivers and updates." No effect. Updating or reinstalling drivers does nothing. What now?...
  3. Lost Audio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Audio: Last night my PC updated and this morning I have no audio. I have run troubleshooter, uninstalled & reinstalled Realtek, updated all drivers, still nothing. Have checked Windows sound drivers, stopped and restarted them. Dont know what else to do...HELP!...
  4. I suddenly lost sound and can't open audio file

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I suddenly lost sound and can't open audio file: Hi, In the middle on the night, when i was normally using my PC, for not visable reason i lost sound and possibility to open most of audio. -For now on only program that have working sound is MS Teams(call working pretty well). -Can't open any audio File in WMP -Can't open...
  5. ?update windows, lost audio

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ?update windows, lost audio: on friday 2/21/20 there was an update to my hp pro book 650 computer os, version 1909 os build 18363.657, since that time i have lost audio, ran troubleshooter which keeps telling me to plug in hdmi cable. somewhere over last couple days i've tried various remedy's but no...
  6. Installed Realtek High Definition Audio but lost 1GB of C drive space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Installed Realtek High Definition Audio but lost 1GB of C drive space: hi there: I like to know, when I installed Realtek High Definition Audio driver, the newer one, I lost 1GB of C drive space, not that it is a lot. How can I gain that 1GB of lost space? I remember when I installed the Intel audio driver, I can gain the lost space. Where to...
  7. Lost my Audio after update/Scan states it cannot identify a problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost my Audio after update/Scan states it cannot identify a problem: Help! I have no audio, after update, went to watch something, no sound. Troubleshot, it cannot identify a problem. Speaker Icon at the bottom right has red x. Error message is reading "No audio output device is installed." Checked the drivers and all seems okay and installed....
  8. I lost the audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    I lost the audio: I have no idea how or what to do about it. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-the-audio/2ce0079a-2583-4ec8-ae15-5572ff7a97b6
  9. why after my last update have i lost my audio input and output on my ASUS X540NA ???

why after my last update have i lost my audio input and output on my ASUS X540NA ???: NO audio output devices installed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-after-my-last-update-have-i-lost-my-audio/21927f6d-c2e8-406d-9163-05bac586b571
  10. Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop

Bass Boost lost from Realtek Audio from windows update on Dell Laptop: The solution is simple, Go to this site and download the Realtek HD Driver for Oct 2018. https://www.dell.com/support/home/au/en/aubsd1/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=vvppy Uninstall your current driver and install this one. Be sure to save the file so you can do it...