Windows 10: Lost audio

Discus and support Lost audio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Dell XPS 15 9570 has suddenly lost it's sound output. It no longer plays sound from any source. In Settings: Audio it says No Output Devices Found.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DSR73, Jun 22, 2021.

1. DSR73 Win User

Lost audio

My Dell XPS 15 9570 has suddenly lost it's sound output. It no longer plays sound from any source. In Settings: Audio it says No Output Devices Found. No Input devices found. How do I recover them? Help!

:)

DSR73, Jun 22, 2021
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Fabler2 Win User
    Lost audio.

You can also try going to device manager and expanding 'sound, video and game controllers' and right click your audio and select 'update driver'. Select 'Browse my computer for drivers' then 'Let me pick from a list of drivers on the computer'. Mine shows Realtek HD audio is selected. Try another one other than the one selected if you have a list.

Lost audio [​IMG]

Fabler2, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Lost audio

Audio Problems

Hi there SimonWildZX, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

May I suggest to completely uninstall all Audio drivers listed in the Device manager including the headset. Please make sure to completely remove.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio devices. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

Repeat the steps in all the Audio devices listed.

Then reboot. then test the headset again.

FerdinandNanalig, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Lost audio

1. Lost audio - Similar Threads - Lost audio

2. I’ve lost all audio on my hp envy 360 laptop. If I restart it it sounds comes back for a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’ve lost all audio on my hp envy 360 laptop. If I restart it it sounds comes back for a...: Need help getting audio back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-lost-all-audio-on-my-hp-envy-360-laptop-if-i/0b41fc4d-13bf-4709-963a-82776c5a884b
  3. I’ve lost all audio on my hp envy 360 laptop. If I restart it it sounds comes back for a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I’ve lost all audio on my hp envy 360 laptop. If I restart it it sounds comes back for a...: Need help getting audio back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ive-lost-all-audio-on-my-hp-envy-360-laptop-if-i/0b41fc4d-13bf-4709-963a-82776c5a884b
  4. I’ve lost all audio on my hp envy 360 laptop. If I restart it it sounds comes back for a...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio: After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-11-pro-insider-preview-update-on/62b7f9a1-b160-4dda-a23f-d34dafbe9398
  6. After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio

After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio: After Windows 11 pro insider preview update on February 8th 2024 I have lost all audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-windows-11-pro-insider-preview-update-on/62b7f9a1-b160-4dda-a23f-d34dafbe9398
  7. Lost ability to control volume to default device using mouse buttons after updating audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost ability to control volume to default device using mouse buttons after updating audio...: Hello, everyone! I really need your help so I can "live the way I used to. " :D So far, I have been using programmable buttons on my mouse to change the volume on Windows for over a decade. Recently I decided to change my mouse to a new one, which also allows you to program...
  8. Lost ability to control volume to default device using mouse buttons after updating audio...

Lost ability to control volume to default device using mouse buttons after updating audio...: Hello, everyone! I really need your help so I can "live the way I used to. " :D So far, I have been using programmable buttons on my mouse to change the volume on Windows for over a decade. Recently I decided to change my mouse to a new one, which also allows you to program...
  9. Lost ability to control volume to default device using mouse buttons after updating audio...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Lost audio device after Windows is recovered from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost audio device after Windows is recovered from sleep mode: Dear developer,I'm from a audio device manufacturer, we make USB audio devices. The device works as an external sound card for a PC. Some customer feedback a issue to us recently, they keep the audio device always connected to their PC. And they never shut down their PC, only...