Windows 10: Lost biometrics and pin login data

Discus and support Lost biometrics and pin login data in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How is it at all acceptable that not once, not twice, but three times in six months my laptop has forced me to reset my pin and biometrics at a whim... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Mary Duhon, Nov 28, 2022.

1. Lost biometrics and pin login data

How is it at all acceptable that not once, not twice, but three times in six months my laptop has forced me to reset my pin and biometrics at a whim because they just "stopped working"?! How can my private computer be locked at a moments notice and become unrecoverable without a backup microsoft email and internet access?!

:)

Mary Duhon, Nov 28, 2022

2. Windows Hello & Pin Login NOT displaying on Login Screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sorry for the delay in response.

I appreciate your effort in trying to fix the issue with the missing features on login screen.

1. Which security software is installed on your device?
    2. Is your device connected to domain network?

Please try the below suggested steps and check if the required sign in options are available from login screen.

Enable sign-in using PIN from group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Logon.
    3. In the right pane, double click on Turn on convenience PIN sign-in policy
      to edit it.
    4. Select Enabled option from Turn on convenience PIN sign-in window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign-in using PIN is available on the login screen.

Enable sign into Windows 10 using Biometrics from Local Group Policy editor

1. Open Local Group Policy Editor. To do so, type gpedit.msc
      in the run command (Windows + R key).
    2. Navigate to Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\Biometrics.
    3. In the right pane of Biometrics, double click on Allow users to log on using biometrics.
    4. Select Enabled option from Allow users to log on using biometrics window.
    5. Click on Apply, OK and close the window.
    6. Restart the device and check if the sign in using Biometrics is available on the login screen.

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 28, 2022
  3. PIN/Biometric not working

Hello All,

I'm having Windows 10 installed on a lenovo laptop. My laptop was working fine untill yesterday. Today morning when I was trying to sign in, windows was showing message, "something happened and your PIN isn't available". At this time, my biometric password
    was also not working, if tried with biometric it says PIN is required to sign in. When I tried to sign in using password, it is saying incorrect password although password os correct. Basically all three ways of sign in PIN, biometric and password is not working
    and I'm unable to sign in.

Can someone please suggest a way to solve the issue without loosing data.

Thanks in advance.

Vaibhav_94, Nov 28, 2022
  4. Lost biometrics and pin login data

PIN/Biometric is not working

Hello All,

I'm having Windows 10 installed on a lenovo laptop. My laptop was working fine untill yesterday. Today morning when I was trying to sign in, windows was showing message, "something happened and your PIN isn't available". At this time, my biometric password
    was also not working, if tried with biometric it says PIN is required to sign in. When I tried to sign in using password, it is saying incorrect password although password os correct. Basically all three ways of sign in PIN, biometric and password is not working
    and I'm unable to sign in.

Can someone please suggest a way to solve the issue without loosing data.

Thanks in advance.

Vaibhav_94, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

Lost biometrics and pin login data

1. Lost biometrics and pin login data - Similar Threads - Lost biometrics pin

2. Biometric Login not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Biometric Login not working: I have my fingerprints setup for my laptops login but whenever I try to use it my laptop just says that I require to use my laptops set password instead, does anyone know how I can change it to work with biometrics?Some background:I was running a free trial of Avira Prime and...
  3. Biometric Login not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Biometric Login not working: I have my fingerprints setup for my laptops login but whenever I try to use it my laptop just says that I require to use my laptops set password instead, does anyone know how I can change it to work with biometrics?Some background:I was running a free trial of Avira Prime and...
  4. Biometric Login not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Lost biometrics and pin login data

Lost biometrics and pin login data: How is it at all acceptable that not once, not twice, but three times in six months my laptop has forced me to reset my pin and biometrics at a whim because they just "stopped working"?! How can my private computer be locked at a moments notice and become unrecoverable...
  6. Biometric files and drivers "lost"

Biometric files and drivers "lost": I was using Hello face to sign into my desktop with my new Razer Kiyo X camera without a problem. I have lost the Biometric folder and all its files from the Device Manager folder. How can I restore the Biometric folder without restoring or resetting all of Windows 11?...
  7. PIN/Biometric not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PIN/Biometric not working: Hello All, I'm having Windows 10 installed on a lenovo laptop. My laptop was working fine untill yesterday. Today morning when I was trying to sign in, windows was showing message, "something happened and your PIN isn't available". At this time, my biometric password was...
  8. PIN/Biometric is not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PIN/Biometric is not working: Hello All, I'm having Windows 10 installed on a lenovo laptop. My laptop was working fine untill yesterday. Today morning when I was trying to sign in, windows was showing message, "something happened and your PIN isn't available". At this time, my biometric password was...
  9. Lost My Login Pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lost My Login Pin: How do i reset my login pin? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-login-pin/b4b7b1d6-5fee-4c1a-ac16-f66435b61b08
  10. lost option to login with PIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    lost option to login with PIN: Hi, with the latest update of version lost the option to login with PIN ... how I can activate again? not appear as before. 6731