Windows 10: Lost Bluetooth functionality with "clean install" of Windows 10

Discus and support Lost Bluetooth functionality with "clean install" of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed Win10 with the “Windows 10 installation media” DVD over the top of Win8.1, deleting all the partitions (as now there were 5 partitions) and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ghusya, Jun 19, 2019.

1. ghusya Win User

Lost Bluetooth functionality with "clean install" of Windows 10

I installed Win10 with the “Windows 10 installation media” DVD over the top of Win8.1, deleting all the partitions (as now there were 5 partitions) and made a "clean install" of Windows10 into the resulting "Drive 0 Unallocated Space".

This wiped some hardware drivers, at least for the function keys and bluetooth and it would seem also all the other Apps/Drivers installed by the manufacturer (such as Toshiba "PC Health Monitor", etc.).

However, the wifi seemed to still be working.

I then downloaded the function key drivers from the link above (but European version of the weblink) and running this brought the function keys back to life.

However, a download for the Bluetooth drivers doesn't exist at Toshiba(Dynabook) and Device Manager in Windows doesn't show anything on Bluetooth (therefore no option to enable an update or reinstall the drivers).

So, this means that I no longer have a bluetooth connection.

Q. If you know how to reinstall Bluetooth some other way (without doing yet again a full reinstall) then please do let me know.

For background info, my laptop was bought in June 2015. The spec is:

- Toshiba Satellite L70-B-130 installed originally with Windows 8 (I immediately upgraded to windows 10 when I bought it).

- Intel i7-4710HQ quad-core 2.5GHz

- 8Gb RAM

- Intel HD Graphics 4600

- AMD Radeon R9 M265X (with 2Gb dedicated memory)

- It was bought in Luxembourg, settings and control panels comes up in English (as selected during this latest reinstall), and it has a “Belgian (Period)” azerty keyboard.

:)

ghusya, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Jun 19, 2019
  3. aasim1111 Win User
    Bluetooth in windows 10

My computer specs are as listed in the profile. I think all of you guys are correct. I don't have built-in Bluetooth in mobo.

I contacted skull candy headphones and thy have told me if I do not have built-in Bluetooth, I would need a dongle which supports at least a2dp. I do not know what the heck that means. I have a feeling I would need more than a cheap dongle.

Anyone suggest some a2dp adapters. I searched but don't know what a2dp is so couldn't make a decision

aasim1111, Jun 19, 2019
  4. Lost Bluetooth functionality with "clean install" of Windows 10

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

Lost Bluetooth functionality with "clean install" of Windows 10

1. Lost Bluetooth functionality with "clean install" of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lost Bluetooth functionality

2. Unable to get a clean, fully functional install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to get a clean, fully functional install of Windows 10: HelloCouple of days ago I decided to go and try to create a dual boot setup Windows 10 + Ubuntu for my PC for work purposes. For some unknown reason, I could notinstall Ubuntu, but it would always crash during install giving a variety of errors. During this process, which...
  3. Clean install of Windows 10 20H2 - Will not install bluetooth driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean install of Windows 10 20H2 - Will not install bluetooth driver.: Hello,I decided to do a clean re-install of Windows 10 from an image because I was having trouble with the system crashing when it with either going to sleep or shutting down, and I was unable to resolve it.I now have it up and running and so far, so good, no crashing. But...
  4. Bluetooth not working after a Windows 10 Clean installation

Bluetooth not working after a Windows 10 Clean installation: I updated from windows 8 to 10 and lost my Bluetooth drivers Bluetooth doesn't work now, it did before. Bluetooth doesn't appear in my Device Manager, and there are no unknown devices listed. I have followed the advice on:-...
  5. Windows 10 Lost Function

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Lost Function: Very soon after using my new Inspiron Dell Desk top with Windows 10 installed, I lost the "run" write-in space in the start menu. Now, that write-in space is never more visible. How can I retrieve that function?...
  6. Windows 10 - lost internet functionality

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - lost internet functionality: Hey all, So I did a clean install of Windows yesterday, got everything set up, and as of today have lost important internet functionality, but am getting no errors at all when I try to do these things. The issues I've discovered so far are: - Chrome won't open - Edge won't...
  7. Bluetooth functionality lost

Bluetooth functionality lost: Hello Microsoft Support, I have been using Windows 10 on my laptop since I purchased it. It came with a Qualcomm Atheros AR956x network card that supported Bluetooth on further inspection I found that it was an AR9565 but I don't think that's important in this case. Today...
  8. Clean installation of Bluetooth

Clean installation of Bluetooth: Hello everybody: I have a problem with Bluetooth, and have already tried all the basic solutions. The problem is, when Windows start, Bluetooth starts too and it even connects to the speakers if they're on, but for instance I can't see the icon in the bar below. Also, when...
  9. Lost License & activation upon clean installation of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost License & activation upon clean installation of Windows 10.: My HP Laptop came with Windows 10 but the system developed inabilities to boot successfully which warranted formating of the HP Laptop. After cleans OS is installed the Windows 10 could not automatically get activation. Please what should I do to get my Window 10 licence...
  10. lost bluetooth function after windows 10 Fall Creators update.

lost bluetooth function after windows 10 Fall Creators update.: I updated my Dell tablet this morning to latest build, I immediately lost bluetooth . Not even listed in Device manager. When I ran Bluetooth trouble shoot, the result was that my Atheros Bluetooth UART Transport driver cannot Start ( code10) . I did not try to uninstall...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 clean install lost bluetooth