Windows 10: lost boot and system partition!!

Discus and support lost boot and system partition!! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello i was update my windows 10 and this was happen. windows can't boot and in cmd didn't show any boot or system in info column. what should i do? i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by lizarjl, Jan 7, 2019.

1. lizarjl Win User

lost boot and system partition!!

hello i was update my windows 10 and this was happen. windows can't boot and in cmd didn't show any boot or system in info column. what should i do? i have a picture of working windows and my partitions pictures where is my boot and system? how can i make the boot and system partition. it is GPT. please help thank you.

lost boot and system partition!! 2ada88fc-7a13-44d9-ba6b-5a4ed597e0c1?upload=true.jpg

:)

lizarjl, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Dandel Win User

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Wile E Win User
    How to go about building a tri-boot system?

Yeah, but he's throwing OS X in there. Not quite as easy to do, but not all that hard. Manual configuration of GRUB is necessary.

Wile E, Jan 7, 2019
  4. lost boot and system partition!!

/boot Partition?

[Solved] /boot Partition?

Ok, I like playing around with multiple operating systems so I tend to have a few installed at a time. My issue is related to the bootloader. Every new Linux OS I install installs its own version of Grub. That's fine until you delete that partition.... *Bang Head :banghead:

I was thinking about creating a small (ie ~50MB) partition that /boot will reside on. This way I can have one copy of Grub that would boot my several OS(s) depending on what they are. I think this is a good idea so I can delete one OS's partition and still be able to boot the other OS(s).

Unfortunately, I am not an expert with bootloaders and I'm not really sure how /boot has to do with booting. Can someone tell me how feasible my idea is? I'm looking for a way to have multiple OS(s) but only one bootloader so when I delete one OS, the bootloader will still be intact.

Any ideas/suggestions/advice is appreciated! *Smile lost boot and system partition!! :)

angelkiller, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

lost boot and system partition!!

1. lost boot and system partition!! - Similar Threads - lost boot system

2. Windows 10 SYSTEM Partition lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 SYSTEM Partition lost: My windows 10 PC fails during boot. Windows was on my C: drive. The PC has ASUS motherboard, M2 SSD, AMD RYZEN 5 processor and 32GB RAM. I set the Page File to be on a different hard drive to prevent writes to the M2 SSD drive. The drive with the Page File died. From looking...
  3. Windows 10 SYSTEM Partition lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 SYSTEM Partition lost: My windows 10 PC fails during boot. Windows was on my C: drive. The PC has ASUS motherboard, M2 SSD, AMD RYZEN 5 processor and 32GB RAM. I set the Page File to be on a different hard drive to prevent writes to the M2 SSD drive. The drive with the Page File died. From looking...
  4. Windows 10 SYSTEM Partition lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lost boot partition

Lost boot partition: I recently upgraded to a Samsung 2TB drive, using the Samsung Data Migration software to clone my existing drive. In the process, the boot sector did not clone. How do I recreate the boot sector in order to create a Windows 10 recovery drive?...
  6. lost partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost partition: Using Wondershare Recoverit: While scanning lost partition no file is detected, and "trying to skip bad sectors" frequently appears. What should I do? OS NameMicrosoft Windows 10 Pro Version10.0.19041 Build 19041 175185
  7. Partitions lost?

Partitions lost?: This happened suddenly. When i started my laptop, i noticed some of the shortcuts not showing any icon. Then i went to This PC and noticed that I've lost all two partitions except the C drive. I tried to find a solution but didn't find any. Disk Management doesn't show it...
  8. lost partition

lost partition: This has happened twice now and I'm very confused. I have a HDD and have partitions- "C" and "F" The "F" partition is what I'm having problems with. A few months ago I got a windows update and as a normal person I just updated this over night (This was a large update, not...
  9. Lost a Partition

Lost a Partition: Hi on one of my W10 Pro PC's I have a 1TB HDD attached by USB, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to create a 500GB partition and when it was finished I expected it to show the Partition and some un-allocated space but only the 500GB partition is showing in Explorer, Disk...
  10. Recovery boot loop caused by Lost Boot Partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Recovery boot loop caused by Lost Boot Partition: Hello. I have been dualbooting OS X and Windows 8 (then 10) using Clover bootloader for over 2,5 years now. It's not ideal, but it works, or worked, up until today. After restarting from OS X to boot into W10 I got the "infinite spinner", which then (after rebooting) turned...