Windows 10: Lost built-in audio. How do I get it back?

Discus and support Lost built-in audio. How do I get it back? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 build 10586. I was trying to get WebEx to work with an external webcam and an external microphone this afternoon and, in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RhinoCan, May 1, 2016.

1. RhinoCan Win User

Lost built-in audio. How do I get it back?

I am running Windows 10 build 10586.

I was trying to get WebEx to work with an external webcam and an external microphone this afternoon and, in the process of trying to get the audio working, I disabled (*just* disabled) the built-in Realtek audio. That didn't solve my original problem and it caused a new one: now, when I disconnect the external microphone, I have no devices in my Sound/Recording tab at all. Normally, the Realtek audio shows up.

I went to Device Manager to make it do a detect of new devices, which sometimes solved problems like this in previous versions of Windows but Win10 doesn't have that option any more! I thought a reboot would make Windows see the Realtek audio again but that didn't work either.

What do I do to recover my built-in microphone so that I can use it again?

For what it's worth, the internal webcam still works and can broadcast video; it's only the built-in *audio* that won't work.

I'm using a 4 month old Dell 5559 laptop if that makes any difference.

:)

RhinoCan, May 1, 2016

2. I lost Internet Explorer. How do I get it back?

In the past month, the apps I can't open has continued to increase. Now I can't find IE anywhere in the stuff I can access. This is Windows 10.

Lane Hoeck, May 1, 2016
  3. I lost Internet Explorer. How do I get it back?

Thanks!

Lane Hoeck, May 1, 2016
  4. Lost built-in audio. How do I get it back?

Are your speaker's working ?

COMPUTIAC Guest, May 1, 2016
  5. RhinoCan Win User
    Yes, the speakers are working fine.

For what it's worth, I think I've resolved the basic problem. I went to dell.com and chose the support option and my model of laptop, then downloaded new audio drivers. That involved removing the old drivers, rebooting, installing new drivers and rebooting again but when I tried making a short recording with the Camera option, the audio and video were both working on playback.

I still can't get WebEx to work with the internal microphone but I've opened a support case with them. Maybe they'll be able to figure out the problem since audio in Windows now appears to be working.

RhinoCan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lost built-in audio. How do I get it back?

1. Lost built-in audio. How do I get it back? - Similar Threads - Lost built audio

2. how do I get my audio sound back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I get my audio sound back: Following the purchase of new speakers the sound on my computer has gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-audio-sound-back/408339d7-9cb9-403a-b8d8-2fc210f75b3d
  3. how do I get my audio sound back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I get my audio sound back: Following the purchase of new speakers the sound on my computer has gone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-my-audio-sound-back/408339d7-9cb9-403a-b8d8-2fc210f75b3d
  4. I lost my contacts, how do I get them back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost my contacts, how do I get them back?: With the ATT change, I lost all my contacts. How can I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-my-contacts-how-do-i-get-them-back/724c91a0-52df-4c4b-b3a8-55a3f332b90a
  5. How do I get my lost whiteboards back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get my lost whiteboards back?: Recently I opened up my microsoft whiteboard app to find all of my whiteboards missing. I'm using the same account and I didn't do anything that would have caused them to be deleted. How can I get these back. I have 2 weeks worth of notes lost because they were randomly...
  6. How do I get my lost whiteboards back?

How do I get my lost whiteboards back?: Recently I opened up my microsoft whiteboard app to find all of my whiteboards missing. I'm using the same account and I didn't do anything that would have caused them to be deleted. How can I get these back. I have 2 weeks worth of notes lost because they were randomly...
  7. How do I get the built-in calendar back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get the built-in calendar back?: Some time ago, I uninstalled the windows 10 built-in calendar, and I cannot find an app thats just the built-in calendar.Subtopic is set to news because calendar isn't there...
  8. How do I get the built-in calendar back?

How do I get the built-in calendar back?: Some time ago, I uninstalled the windows 10 built-in calendar, and I cannot find an app thats just the built-in calendar.Subtopic is set to news because calendar isn't there...
  9. I lost the curser...how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I lost the curser...how do I get it back?: My curser froze and i turned my computer off. When i turned it back on there was no curser. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-the-curserhow-do-i-get-it-back/3efc524f-1829-44ce-88b2-86b27ff2c2b5
  10. Important file lost in update, how do I get it back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Important file lost in update, how do I get it back?: My laptop updated, and put me into a new desktop yesterday. I decided to look for my important folder with passwords and my music in it, and put it onto that desktop. Then today, I restarted my laptop. I logged in, it said Preparing Windows, and put me into yet another new...