Windows 10: lost capability to resize windows

Discus and support lost capability to resize windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; have lost the ability to resize and open multiple windows on the desk top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BobMacPhail, Jun 4, 2019.

1. lost capability to resize windows

have lost the ability to resize and open multiple windows on the desk top

:)

BobMacPhail, Jun 4, 2019

2. lost bluetooth capability

Hello Eugenia,

This issue could possible caused by missing drivers. For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What is the model of your laptop?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps posted on this article
    to resolve Bluetooth connection issues in Windows 10.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 4, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Jun 4, 2019
  4. lost capability to resize windows

Lost Scannuing Capability

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Update the Printer drivers

I suggest you to try to update the Printer drivers check if it works for you.

Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest Printer drivers.

HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

Method 3: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Printer drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Printer drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.

• Right-click on the Printer device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.

• Select the option to Delete driver software.

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Programs and Features.

• Right click on the Printer Suite listed and click on Uninstall.

• Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest Printer firmware update and drivers.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Giridhar J, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

lost capability to resize windows

1. lost capability to resize windows - Similar Threads - lost capability resize

2. lost wifi capability.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost wifi capability.: windows updated my acer 16-41 nitro and now i have completely lost any access to wifi. the icon for wifi is gone. only options are ethernet and bluetooth......?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-capability/36701263-72cd-4d4c-b0bf-9dc7d969e142
  3. Unable to move or resize window and no highlighting capability

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to move or resize window and no highlighting capability: I can no longer move open windows from one monitor to another or resize them. In addition, my curser will no longer highlight text to copy. I'm running Windows 64 bit, version 21H2 OS Build 19044, 1766. My computer recently did an automatic update....
  4. Unable to move or resize window and no highlighting capability

Unable to move or resize window and no highlighting capability: I can no longer move open windows from one monitor to another or resize them. In addition, my curser will no longer highlight text to copy. I'm running Windows 64 bit, version 21H2 OS Build 19044, 1766. My computer recently did an automatic update....
  5. Lost Administrator Capabilities

Lost Administrator Capabilities: I am currently unable to install files or make any changes to my account to give myself admin access, for example, I can't run CMD as an administrator, the only message I receive is "To continue, enter an admin user name and password." and I only have an alternative to choose...
  6. Lost Administrator Capabilities

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Administrator Capabilities: I am currently unable to install files or make any changes to my account to give myself admin access, for example, I can't run CMD as an administrator, the only message I receive is "To continue, enter an admin user name and password." and I only have an alternative to choose...
  7. Lost Administrator Capabilities

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Lost Bluetooth Capability

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost Bluetooth Capability: I followed instructions uninstalling Bluetooth Device and my Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio X70-A. How can I get the Bluetooth Icon so I and switch my Bluetooth on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-bluetooth-capability/16af073b-bede-43cc-a67b-c39c2625cd06
  9. Lost bluetooth capability

Lost bluetooth capability: I use a dell inspiron 5570 intel core I7-7500U with 16 gb ram, 64 based system. Lost complete bluetooth connectivity/capability. There are no bluetooth icon on the system, tried several option on device manager as well checking bluetooth status bluetooth supports service...
  10. Lost Bluetooth Capability

Lost Bluetooth Capability: Hello! After a recent set of updates, my computer claims to have lost it's bluetooth capability. The bluetooth icon has disappeared and the usual toggle to turn bluetooth on or off is also missing, making it impossible to connect any devices. My Windows version is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost the ability to resize windows with mouse