Windows 10: Lost captures folder and want to revert to default saving place?

Discus and support Lost captures folder and want to revert to default saving place? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Lost captures folder. All screenshots and recordings and dvr's end up in C:\Users\enosj\AppData\Local\Temp and i'd like it to be the default way and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by iRebelG, Jan 19, 2020.

1. iRebelG Win User

Lost captures folder and want to revert to default saving place?

• Lost captures folder. All screenshots and recordings and dvr's end up in C:\Users\enosj\AppData\Local\Temp and i'd like it to be the default way and dont know how to revert it back to something simple like S:\Users\enosj\Videos\Captures

:)

iRebelG, Jan 19, 2020
  2. Jerry8A Win User

Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Adjust capture settings on Windows 10 (Change capture Folder location)

Hi Hussein,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern. As you have selected root of a drive (D Lost captures folder and want to revert to default saving place? :) while changing the captures folder location and not created and selected a folder for the same. Hence, you are facing the issue. However, could you please let us know the exact
    error message you are getting while changing to default location.

I would also suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you can restore default settings.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming > Game DVR (on the left pane).
    3. Click on Open folder under
      Save screenshots and game clips
    4. Right click on empty space and select
      Properties.
    5. Then go to Location tab and click on
      Restore Default.
    6. Click on Apply > OK >
      Yes
    7. If you still facing the issue, please try by opening
      Xbox app.
    8. Click on Settings > Game DVR.
    9. Click on Open folder under
      Saving captures
      and perform step 4, 5,

If you are able to restore default settings successfully, please follow the steps mentioned below to change Captures folder location.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming > Game DVR.
    3. Click on Open folder under
      Save screenshots and game clips
    4. Right click on empty space and select Properties.
    5. Then go to Location tab and click on
      Move.
    6. Browse to the new location that you prefer.
    7. Click on New folder and create a folder.
    8. Highlight same folder using left click and click on
      Select Folder.
    9. Then click on Apply > OK >
      Yes.

You may also want to refer
    Adjust capture settings on Windows 10
    for more details.

Regards.

Manjunath_H, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Restore Default Gamebar Capture location

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to restore the default location for GameBar Captures, I’ll help you with the steps to do this.

Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Gaming and select
      Captures
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Open folder to open the current capture folder.
    4. Now, right click on an empty space in the folder and select
      Properties.
    5. Click on Location tab, and select
      Restore Default.
    6. Click on OK and select Yes (Twice) to confirm the change.

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Lost captures folder and want to revert to default saving place? - Similar Threads - Lost captures folder

2. Xbox captures default folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox captures default folder: I have chosen OneDrive as the default folder for Xbox captures and now I can't change it although the default video folder isn’t OneDrive anymore. I tried resetting the app, but nothing happened. Is there any way to change it?...
  3. Xbox captures default folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox captures default folder: I have chosen OneDrive as the default folder for Xbox captures and now I can't change it although the default video folder isn’t OneDrive anymore. I tried resetting the app, but nothing happened. Is there any way to change it?...
  4. Game bar screen capture didn't save in Capture folder/ lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar screen capture didn't save in Capture folder/ lost: I recorded a meeting using the Gamebar screen capture and it should have been saved automatically to the capture folder. However, the most important clip is nowhere to be found while other clips I recorded after it missing clip were there. I'm sure that I saw it 'saved'....
  5. Game bar screen capture didn't save in Capture folder/ lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar screen capture didn't save in Capture folder/ lost: I recorded a meeting using the Gamebar screen capture and it should have been saved automatically to the capture folder. However, the most important clip is nowhere to be found while other clips I recorded after it missing clip were there. I'm sure that I saw it 'saved'....
  6. Default save folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default save folder: I notice on two occasions when I downloaded a PDF from a web portal, it saved it under Network. Obviously, that is not where I want it to go. In Settings > Storage > Change where new content is saved, it just shows the C drive. There is no drop down menu. Is there a way...
  7. Changing Speech language is not saved and revert to default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing Speech language is not saved and revert to default: Hi, I try to use the Microsoft speech recognition app and want to use it in my native language French. when I go to : - Settings -> Time & Language ->Speech I can change the "Choose the language you speak with your device" from English Canada to French Canada as it is...
  8. I want to change a place where caresa saves files by default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to change a place where caresa saves files by default: Hi, on my Surface Go with the newest version of Windows 10 I'm not able to change the location of recorded videos - it's OneDrives's CameraRoll by design with no possibility to change it. The funny thing is that when I go to the camera setting and click a link to folders...
  9. Lost my game capture folder.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost my game capture folder.: Hi, I've recently upgraded to latest release of windows 10, everything went smooth but I'm having one problem with the built in dvr, for some reason its saving captures to a temp folder and not the default location. When I open the game bar it lets me record and capture...
  10. Lost my game capture folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost my game capture folder.: Hi, I've recently upgraded to latest release of windows 10, everything went smooth but I'm having one problem with the built in dvr, for some reason its saving captures to a temp folder and not the default location. When I open the game bar it lets me record and capture...