Windows 10: Lost cascade windows

Discus and support Lost cascade windows in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot find Undo Windows Cascade on the Task Bar. I am right-clicking on the dropdown list but it is not there. Any advice?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jessi Jones, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Lost cascade windows

I cannot find Undo Windows Cascade on the Task Bar. I am right-clicking on the dropdown list but it is not there. Any advice?

:)

Jessi Jones, Mar 3, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

Cascade windows

Hello,

You may follow the steps below to cascade the windows on your device:

• Right-click on an empty space on the Task Bar.
    • Click Cascade Windows.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Mar 3, 2019
  3. Lost windows cascade icons and tiles

Hi Joyce,

In Windows 10, Windows Cascade icon is no longer available in the taskbar due to the Task View feature found beside the Search or Cortana icon. As a workaround, here's how you can cascade windows in Windows 10:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cascade windows.

To undo the cascade:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Undo Cascade all windows.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Patricia Yu, Mar 3, 2019
  4. Lost cascade windows

Lost windows cascade icons and tiles

Hello Joyce,

We would like to confirm some information regarding your concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you notice any system setting changes before the icons disappeared?
    • Regarding the cascaded icons, are you referring to the combined taskbar buttons?
    • Have you installed the latest updates for Windows 10?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

If you're referring to the cascaded icons on the taskbar, you can configure this through
    Settings.

• Right-click the taskbar.
    • Select Settings

Lost cascade windows d4d56863-dc64-4b2a-8fb2-3c4fbba641af?upload=true.png
    • Scroll down to Combine taskbar buttons.
    • Set it to Always, hide labels.

You should still be able to recover your taskbar icons and configuration by performing a
    System Restore. This operation takes your PC back to an earlier point in time using a system restore point. Restore points are generated whenever you install a new program, driver, or Windows update. You can find the steps
    on how to perform a System Restore from this
    support article

Let us know if you have other questions.

Devlin Sco, Mar 3, 2019
Thema:

Lost cascade windows

1. Lost cascade windows - Similar Threads - Lost cascade

2. I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...: After a recent Windows update, it seems like I've lost access to a partition on my external hard drive. This partition stored important files like work documents and personal photos. I'm worried about recovering it and accessing my data again. My computer runs on Windows....
  3. I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I lost a partition on my external hard drive after a recent Windows update. Is...: After a recent Windows update, it seems like I've lost access to a partition on my external hard drive. This partition stored important files like work documents and personal photos. I'm worried about recovering it and accessing my data again. My computer runs on Windows....
  4. My laptop is lost and when I go to find my device it says can't find it because it haven't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is lost and when I go to find my device it says can't find it because it haven't...: My laptop is lost and when I try to find ut through find my device it says can't find since t hasn't been used fkr the past 30 days which is true. How can I find it? And it showes my battery percentage is 0 as well....
  5. My laptop is lost and when I go to find my device it says can't find it because it haven't...

My laptop is lost and when I go to find my device it says can't find it because it haven't...: My laptop is lost and when I try to find ut through find my device it says can't find since t hasn't been used fkr the past 30 days which is true. How can I find it? And it showes my battery percentage is 0 as well....
  6. My laptop is lost and when I go to find my device it says can't find it because it haven't...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. I recently reinstalled windows and now I'm trying to get my lost data back

I recently reinstalled windows and now I'm trying to get my lost data back: So, I reinstalled windows 2 months ago and ever since i been trying to recover data I lost. I tried data recovery softwares but they weren't showing my lost files. I was wonderingif there was a backup i could tap in because I remember creating a backup in cmd prompt. If...
  8. I recently reinstalled windows and now I'm trying to get my lost data back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I recently reinstalled windows and now I'm trying to get my lost data back: So, I reinstalled windows 2 months ago and ever since i been trying to recover data I lost. I tried data recovery softwares but they weren't showing my lost files. I was wonderingif there was a backup i could tap in because I remember creating a backup in cmd prompt. If...
  9. I recently reinstalled windows and now I'm trying to get my lost data back

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover hidden files lost during extending my C drive?: I was extending my C drives space and I followed a youtube tutorial. I shrinked my D drive and extracted 30 GB space from it and created a new volume E. Then I Ctrl+C : Ctrl+V 'ed Copied my contents in D Drive to newly created volume. Now I formated the D drive after that I...