Windows 10: Lost Chrome Bookmarks after Hard Disk failure

Discus and support Lost Chrome Bookmarks after Hard Disk failure in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; 20H2 Luckily not much was lost, but I've had to download the latest 64 bit version of Chrome. I can see no way to create bookmarks, nor can I find back... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by chipwood, May 4, 2021.

1. chipwood Win User

Lost Chrome Bookmarks after Hard Disk failure

20H2 Luckily not much was lost, but I've had to download the latest 64 bit version of Chrome. I can see no way to create bookmarks, nor can I find back up copies, or items for import from IE or any other browser. I have a Win7 disk image on my external drive, but am unsure how they be opened or the files be extracted. Help please.

:)

chipwood, May 4, 2021
  2. chipwood Win User

20H2

Luckily not much was lost, but I've had to download the latest 64 bit version of Chrome. I can see no way to create bookmarks, nor can I find back up copies, or items for import from IE or any other browser. I have a Win7 disk image on my external drive, but am unsure how they be opened or the files be extracted.
    Help please.

chipwood, May 5, 2021
  3. RolandJS Win User

I googled where are chrome bookmarks...and got a whole page full of possible solutions. Including this one:
    "Google Chrome stores the bookmark and bookmark backup file in a long path into the Windows file system. The location of the file is in your user directory in the path "AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default." If you want to modify or delete the bookmarks file for some reason, you should exit Google Chrome first."
    Maybe your bookmarks might still exist.

RolandJS, May 5, 2021
  4. Steve C Win User

That's the correct location. I export my bookmarks to Onedrive periodically so I always have the bookmarks accessible to any PC.

Steve C, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. Lost Chrome Bookmarks after Hard Disk failure - Similar Threads - Lost Chrome Bookmarks

2. Windows installation after hard disk failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows installation after hard disk failure: hi,My hard disk crashed last week and i had replaced the same. Now after installation of windows i dont have my key any where. Can i recover it through my email, or is there any procedure....
  3. Windows installation after hard disk failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installation after hard disk failure: hi,My hard disk crashed last week and i had replaced the same. Now after installation of windows i dont have my key any where. Can i recover it through my email, or is there any procedure....
  4. Windows installation after hard disk failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hard drive disk failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive disk failure: I am getting "Hard drive disk failure" when I turn on my computer. Is that something that can be repaired by reinstalling windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-disk-failure/a739eae0-7a6b-4ef3-9a54-d51ddeb632fb
  6. Lost Chrome Bookmarks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Chrome Bookmarks: Hello, I've upgraded Windows and lost all my bookmarks. Please help how to recover my bookmark history. Best, Tiko https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-chrome-bookmarks/220fe9aa-64c9-4099-a308-dfd88550ed5b
  7. Bookmarks Bar In Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Bookmarks Bar In Chrome: Hello! Is there a way to add an additional 'Bookmarks Bar' under the normal one in Chrome? Just so you all know, I'm not trying to be a mooch. If I see a thread asking about something I can help with, I'm there. 162310
  8. Hard disk failure is imminent.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk failure is imminent.: When starting my computer I sometimes get a message that Hard Disk Failure Imminent. Please back up your hard disk and have it replaced. Press F10 for Setup. F2 to continue. The first time I got this screen it clicked on F2 and Windows opened and all seemed fine. Now I...
  9. Lost bookmarks

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost bookmarks: I have lost my bookmarks in Windows 10. Also lost my toolbar. How do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-bookmarks/c0427a3d-b8b6-4cbe-b561-7a40074f4cdb"
  10. Google Chrome Bookmarks

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Bookmarks: After last nights crash, I have my Bookmarks here on Chrome but not my latest ones. I have a saved backup of those Bookmarks and my question is as follows ... Can I import from that saved file and if so, will the Bookmarks from that file simply over-write the ones I...