Windows 10: Lost Chrome to Edge in last update.

Discus and support Lost Chrome to Edge in last update. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I did the last update in February, I lost Chrome. Now I cannot get it back. When I try to download it all I get is the picture that is on my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mary LeeSchultz, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Lost Chrome to Edge in last update.

When I did the last update in February, I lost Chrome. Now I cannot get it back. When I try to download it all I get is the picture that is on my google account. I need chrome for some of the things I do on my computer, that Edge seems to not support. How can I get it back?

Thanks.

:)

Mary LeeSchultz, Mar 17, 2019

2. Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Mar 17, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 17, 2019
  4. Lost Chrome to Edge in last update.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

Lost Chrome to Edge in last update.

1. Lost Chrome to Edge in last update. - Similar Threads - Lost Chrome Edge

2. EDGE : ..... CHROME :

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EDGE : ..... CHROME :: Just bought a new laptop, Edge will not allow me to download Chrome, tried through IE still not allowing me. Edge will not allow me on discovery + that I pay subscription for each month. Since when did Edge become the part of trying to contol peoples lives when people can...
  3. Chrome and Edge.

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome and Edge.: For some reason Chrome and Edge have stopped picking up the spelling mistake when i type dont all other words like wouldn't are highlighted its just dont and Dont (don't & Don't) that its missing has anyone any idea why and is there a fix. Thanks in advance. 177889
  4. Edge Update and Everything Lost!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge Update and Everything Lost!: So I come in this morning and have an EDGE update. My desktop has been completely wiped out, my favorites are gone, my edge start page does not link to where I had it and all my passwords that are auto filled are gone. In addition, the mail button does not take me anywhere;...
  5. All Bookmarks and Favourites lost from Edge and Chrome since Windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All Bookmarks and Favourites lost from Edge and Chrome since Windows update.: As it says in the title, they are all lost, it looks like my laptop has been reset so it looks as though I have never used either browser, as I get the welcome pages to both browsers. I have also lost all my shortcuts from the desktop and task bar I have tried to restore to...
  6. LOST WIFI AFTER LAST UPDATE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LOST WIFI AFTER LAST UPDATE: I have a Broadcom wifi that no longer works and have been unable to reset even after a reinstall HELP. There is only a usb and no ethernet as is a LINX 12/64 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-wifi-after-last-update/8dce5a7c-c9ef-4075-b43c-3f6d091ea10e
  7. Last update killed Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Last update killed Chrome: Updated OS last night - this morning no Chrome. Tried reinstall with no success https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/last-update-killed-chrome/da29dbec-092e-4af5-bad4-606bd024e296
  8. Lost ability to play media on modern browsers (Chrome, Edge)

in Browsers and Email
    Lost ability to play media on modern browsers (Chrome, Edge): A couple days ago I lost the ability to play youtube or online radio through my modern browsers (Chrome, Edge), although it still works on IE 11. At first I assumed it was a Chrome issue and since I didn't want to lose my settings through a full Chrome reset, but when I...
  9. Lost ability to play media on modern browsers (Chrome, Edge)

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost ability to play media on modern browsers (Chrome, Edge): A couple days ago I lost the ability to play youtube or online radio through my modern browsers (Chrome, Edge), although it still works on IE 11. At first I assumed it was a Chrome issue and since I didn't want to lose my settings through a full Chrome reset, but when I...
  10. Edge or Chrome??

in Browsers and Email
    Edge or Chrome??: I just installed a clean 10. What is the consensus for browser use, Chrome or Edge? 63606