Windows 10: Lost Chrome to Edge in last update.

Discus and support Lost Chrome to Edge in last update. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When I did the last update in February, I lost Chrome. Now I cannot get it back. When I try to download it all I get is the picture that is on my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Mary LeeSchultz, Mar 17, 2019 at 10:27 AM.

1. Lost Chrome to Edge in last update.

When I did the last update in February, I lost Chrome. Now I cannot get it back. When I try to download it all I get is the picture that is on my google account. I need chrome for some of the things I do on my computer, that Edge seems to not support. How can I get it back?

Thanks.

:)

Mary LeeSchultz, Mar 17, 2019 at 10:27 AM

2. Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

3. Kem Mon Win User
    Site links not working in Chrome or Edge

Hi,

Have you tried resetting your browser? If not, we suggest you to do so. To reset Edge, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Browser Settings.

• Clear
      Browser Data.

• Close the browser and launch it again.

If the issue persist, follow these other steps:

• Go to
      Task Manager.

• Click on
      MicrosoftedgeCP.exe

• End the task.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

4. Lost Chrome to Edge in last update.

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

Thema:

Lost Chrome to Edge in last update.

1. Lost Chrome to Edge in last update. - Similar Threads - Lost Chrome Edge

2. Lost ability to play media on modern browsers (Chrome, Edge)

in Browsers and Email
    Lost ability to play media on modern browsers (Chrome, Edge): A couple days ago I lost the ability to play youtube or online radio through my modern browsers (Chrome, Edge), although it still works on IE 11. At first I assumed it was a Chrome issue and since I didn't want to lose my settings through a full Chrome reset, but when I...
  3. Lost ability to play media on modern browsers (Chrome, Edge)

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost ability to play media on modern browsers (Chrome, Edge): A couple days ago I lost the ability to play youtube or online radio through my modern browsers (Chrome, Edge), although it still works on IE 11. At first I assumed it was a Chrome issue and since I didn't want to lose my settings through a full Chrome reset, but when I...
  4. Lost Favourites in Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Favourites in Edge: Hello, I've just lost all my Favourites in Edge for seemingly no reason at all. The only thing I did was renew a subscription to CCleaner, without doing any kind of cleaning. Just paid the money. I've been through a number of processes suggested on the net with no effect...
  5. Microsoft Edge Favorites are not syncing after the last update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Favorites are not syncing after the last update: After the last update of my PC in October I lost my synchronized files on the other devices. I mean Favorites that are located also on the smartphone and Xbox. How can I sort it out?...
  6. Edge vs Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Edge vs Chrome: I've been using Google Chrome for a long time.... When I first got on windows 10, Edge seemed not so great and I like Internet Explorer better but I knew it wasn't going to be maintained much longer as Edge is now the official windows browser...Although it still seems to...
  7. Chrome v. Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome v. Edge: I am a causal user utilizing simplistic Edge. Seeing considerable information around the web regarding the benefits of Chrome I have become curious if their actually are sufficient benefits for me to move for Edge to Chrome? Opinions please. 74252
  8. Edge or Chrome??

in Browsers and Email
    Edge or Chrome??: I just installed a clean 10. What is the consensus for browser use, Chrome or Edge? 63606
  9. EDGE - Silverlight - Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE - Silverlight - Chrome: Hi, I am trying to use "www.yomvi.es" (an on demand video player). I cannot use this on Chrome as it says Silverlight is not supported, this is fine as IE11 supports Silverlight. HOWEVER When i try to use Edge i get the chrome error message as the websites recognize...
  10. Lost DVD player after last Creators update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost DVD player after last Creators update: Have a Sata DVD player (HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 SCSI CdRom Device) that will not recognized cd's/dvd's after successful Fall Creators Update. The DVD is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22NS40 SCSI CdRom Device.....working fine prior to update. It is recognized in Windows and Windows...