Windows 10: Lost com ports after KB4550945 installed

Discus and support Lost com ports after KB4550945 installed in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Win 10 v 1909. When the update was installed, I lost access to a number not all of my com ports. I tried to remove the update but it did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joe-WC4R, May 1, 2020.

1. Joe-WC4R Win User

Lost com ports after KB4550945 installed

I have Win 10 v 1909. When the update was installed, I lost access to a number not all of my com ports.

I tried to remove the update but it did not change the situation. I tried unplugging and then plugging the USB devices; again no help.

Is this a bug in the update? Is there a fix?

Lost com ports after KB4550945 installed [​IMG]

:)

Joe-WC4R, May 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 lost COM ports

Hi John,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the missing ports on your Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Which devices are using the COM port on your computer?

Additionally, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to perform the
    Advanced startup options (including safe mode).
    Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps and complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if you’re able to install the port on your PC properly.

We’re looking forward to your response.

Joseph Ban, May 1, 2020
  3. Depth Win User
    Install Diablo 3 on Linux

Just install PlayOnLinux? Why did they make step 2 and 3 of this "tutorial"?

Anyway, looking at the supported software list for PlayOnLinux, D3 is a step in the right direction. Lack of gaming is a factor for a lot of people when deciding on an OS, if more recent games get ported it may help migrate them to their preferred choice.

Depth, May 1, 2020
  4. Fabler2 Win User

Fabler2, May 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Lost com ports after KB4550945 installed - Similar Threads - Lost com ports

2. COM port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM port: I am using window 10, I tried to communicate with arduino mega 2560 by grbl controller. its connected but not active some times its active. why it happened. I tried many times I thoiught the com port service is inturupted by itself?...
  3. COM ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM ports: Where are the COM ports on windows 11? Looked through device manager and couldnt find any. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/e9069c14-9696-4ac5-99df-a5a67079048a
  4. com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    com ports: How do I clear in use com ports in win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/13a6b2f9-f52d-467c-a680-4bfa363a639f
  5. COM ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    COM ports: Have 2 USB COM ports on my laptop. I use them to connect to and upload Arduino programming. Device manager started out identifying them as COM port 3 an4, now says 4 and 6, sometimes both as COM port 5. Any info appreciated....
  6. Com Port

Com Port: My Com 3 Port was working fine and I now plugged in a device and I see 2- Com 2 ports and 1- Com 2 port, none of which are connecting to my device? How can I reinstall the Com 3 port driver if I delete the current one can I still download it>...
  7. KB4550945 installed for the 4th time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB4550945 installed for the 4th time: I have KB4550945 installed for the fourth time. Is this normal ? I noticed that after each install, my boot time increases up to two minutes. Anyone has same issue Any suggestions? ?[ATTACH]?...
  8. Com ports

Com ports: Whenever I try to use serial communation I get an error code #12. The message is I don't have enough room for the com port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/2cc86c83-2c30-4ef6-b30b-32cbe6508edb
  9. Com Ports

Com Ports: I'm having a problem with com port #5. It gives me a yellow sign with a quote. Whats happening is when I try to make changes to To my Mitsubishi GX 2000 software program for PLC logic controllers it tells me I have a problem with my comm port. I don't think I'm using a comm...
  10. Com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    Com ports: Where do I find the com port's that are assigned to a device that is connected with Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/1ebde4c0-a50f-4066-aaf1-ef4c7399ebe7
Tags: