Windows 10: Lost contacts

Discus and support Lost contacts in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How do I get my contact list back? I think I deleted it by mistake.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PatriciaMoss3, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Lost contacts

How do I get my contact list back? I think I deleted it by mistake.

:)

PatriciaMoss3, Sep 26, 2019

2. I lost my contacts

Hi John,

Regarding your issue with contact list that is lost in Windows live mail, we suggest to check this thread:

Contacts list disappeared from Windows Live Mail
    . Look for MikeSTL and ¡Firedog answers. It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Sep 26, 2019
  3. bestellen Win User
    Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Dude Win User

Lost contacts

Lost Outlook 2016 Contacts during Windows 10 upgrade

Try the step listed here, it's lower down saying that they aren't in your deleted folder. It is hidden, if not showing click the light bulb and type in recover and it will show you the hidden item

Recover a deleted contact in Outlook - Outlook

Thema:

Lost contacts

1. Lost contacts - Similar Threads - Lost contacts

2. I was using windows 10 e-mail. I lost all of my contacts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was using windows 10 e-mail. I lost all of my contacts.: I am using windows 10 e-mail.While using the e-mail a pop up window appeared asking if I wanted to share my contacts.I answered NO. Immediately my contact list disappeared and did not return. My people icon alsowould not open. A note on the pop up said that this could be...
  3. I was using windows 10 e-mail. I lost all of my contacts.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I was using windows 10 e-mail. I lost all of my contacts.: I am using windows 10 e-mail.While using the e-mail a pop up window appeared asking if I wanted to share my contacts.I answered NO. Immediately my contact list disappeared and did not return. My people icon alsowould not open. A note on the pop up said that this could be...
  4. New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to...: New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to use gmail but will do if necessary. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-outlook-is-slow-and-i-have-lost-some-contacts/80bb1e00-c728-43af-8cac-201c15bf5f6e
  5. New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to...

New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to...: New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to use gmail but will do if necessary. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-outlook-is-slow-and-i-have-lost-some-contacts/80bb1e00-c728-43af-8cac-201c15bf5f6e
  6. New outlook is slow and I have lost some contacts. Can this be fixed? Don't really want to...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I have lost access to my Contacts/People in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost access to my Contacts/People in Windows Mail: I have Windows 10. This morning when I opened Mail Contacts to find an email address, a pop up box asked something like 'Click if I wanted to give people access to my Contacts' I clicked 'no' as I assumed this was giving a permission to third parties etc. The pop up also said...
  8. I have lost access to my Contacts/People in Windows Mail

I have lost access to my Contacts/People in Windows Mail: I have Windows 10. This morning when I opened Mail Contacts to find an email address, a pop up box asked something like 'Click if I wanted to give people access to my Contacts' I clicked 'no' as I assumed this was giving a permission to third parties etc. The pop up also said...
  9. I have lost access to my Contacts/People in Windows Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Notes field in some Contacts in Exchange / Outlook / ActiveSync lost most text in a few...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notes field in some Contacts in Exchange / Outlook / ActiveSync lost most text in a few...: A few months ago I migrated our Exchange to a new provider with a good and long-standing reputation. No issues so far -- except one.I recently noticed that in the Notes field for a certain Contact, most of the lengthy text that was in there has disappeared, leaving only the...