Windows 10: Lost control in windows security, system restore Error 800705aa

Discus and support Lost control in windows security, system restore Error 800705aa in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, So today I found out that I lost control over certain parts of my system. I wanted to exclude a software from being scanned by defender. (It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChristianRau, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Lost control in windows security, system restore Error 800705aa

Hello,

So today I found out that I lost control over certain parts of my system.
    I wanted to exclude a software from being scanned by defender. (It has a horrible load time, PyCharm)
    But quickly learned, I couldn´t set any exclusion rules.

I also noticed edge shuts down right after it opens.

I wanted to restore my system a couple of days back - To before windows update restore KB4502584 -
    to see if that helped.

But that attempt was not succesfull.

I did the usual SFC - DISM - but nothing works.
    So I am open to suggestions.

I also did these steps:

1. Boot into safe mode.
    2. Right-click on the Start button, left click on "Command Prompt (Admin)" to open a command line.
    3. Type: takeown /f "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" /r /d Y and press Enter.
    4. Type: icacls "C:\Program Files\WindowsApps" /grant "%USERDOMAIN%\%USERNAME%"Lost control in windows security, system restore Error 800705aa :(F) /t and press Enter. You will get a message: 'Successfully processed xxxxx files: Failed to process 0 files'.

I was not allowed to delete the WindowsApp folder, with "rd /s "C:\Program Files\Windows Apps""
    as It said The system cannot find the file specified.

I clean installed my system with the May upgrade four weeks ago. So I got a fairly fresh system.

Thank you for reading

:)

ChristianRau, Jul 2, 2019

2. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Jul 2, 2019
  3. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Lost control in windows security, system restore Error 800705aa

SYSTEM RESTORE

Hello Angel,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system conflict when it tried to perform a system restore. For us to better assist you on performing a system restore, kindly answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the exact error message are you getting? If possible can you send us a screenshot using the attach photo feature on your reply.
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, for a walkthrough on how to perform a system restore, kindly follow the steps on this

article
    and see the section that says Restore from a system restore point.
    On another note, we also suggest that you check the Windows Defender settings and lower down the security if it is on high security. This can also be another issue why it is preventing an update to be installed.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Lost control in windows security, system restore Error 800705aa

1. Lost control in windows security, system restore Error 800705aa - Similar Threads - Lost control security

2. How to restore Windows lost security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to restore Windows lost security: The problem happened that after I reinstalled the system, I couldn't find Windows security and lost some commonly used Windows items like Microsoft Store/Windows, Clock, Photos, Calculator, etc. Can you help me recover it again?...
  3. How to restore Windows lost security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Windows lost security: The problem happened that after I reinstalled the system, I couldn't find Windows security and lost some commonly used Windows items like Microsoft Store/Windows, Clock, Photos, Calculator, etc. Can you help me recover it again?...
  4. How to restore Windows lost security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to restore Windows lost security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore Windows lost security: I lost Windows security after my PC was reinstalled and I lost some missing Windows items such as Microsoft Store/Windows, Clock, Photo, Calculator and others. Can you guys help me to recover it again?...
  6. No system restore. All points lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No system restore. All points lost: Having created a manual restore point yesterday, today I have no system restore. I get the following error windows.I've tried some online remedies, but nothing has worked. Restore points are important to me and I need to have them working.I have no idea why suddenly today I...
  7. No system restore. All points lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No system restore. All points lost: Having created a manual restore point yesterday, today I have no system restore. I get the following error windows.I've tried some online remedies, but nothing has worked. Restore points are important to me and I need to have them working.I have no idea why suddenly today I...
  8. No system restore. All points lost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Restore WindowsImageBackup with lost system password

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore WindowsImageBackup with lost system password: How do I recover my lost System Password, please so that I can restore Windows 10 from WindowsImageBackup? 151690
  10. Control Panel > System and Security > Backup and Restore (Windows 7) > Creat a system...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Control Panel > System and Security > Backup and Restore (Windows 7) > Creat a system...: Over two years ago, someone posted this same issue with the title: backup and restore (0x807800C5) and (0x8078004F) The issue was never properly addressed, was never resolved, yet the thread was closed. I followed all the suggestions in the thread, including performing a...