Windows 10: Lost control of mouse and touch screen on laptop

Discus and support Lost control of mouse and touch screen on laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, So, I am using a Dell touchscreen Latitude E5450 for work.. I swap between this and desktop so my laptop sometimes sits down for a while.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Amber Garcia Amber.Garcia, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Lost control of mouse and touch screen on laptop

Hi all,

So, I am using a Dell touchscreen Latitude E5450 for work.. I swap between this and desktop so my laptop sometimes sits down for a while.

Today, my screen started switching between windows and it appeared as if somehow there was a miscommunication/conflict between the cursor and the touch screen. The screen was going crazy flickering between windows and I couldn't control the mouse from the trackpad to even shutdown the laptop. I used the power button and restarted. It was fine . Then logging in I had a similar issue.

Anyone experience this?

Thanks.

:)

Amber Garcia Amber.Garcia, Mar 4, 2021

2. touch screen

Hi,

We sure can provide some troubleshooting steps before you decide to get help from your laptop's manufacturer. Please follow the suggested solutions below:

Method 1: Check if the touch screen driver is enabled.

• In the Search bar, type Device Manager.
    • Locate Human Interface Devices and look for touch screen.
    • Right-click touch screen and check if it is enabled. If not, please enable it.
    Method 2: Reinstall the touch screen driver.

• In Device Manager, go to Human Interface Devices.
    • Locate touch screen again and right-click it to Uninstall
      the driver.
    • Restart your PC to automatically install the driver.
    Feel free to post back for updates.

Jennifer Cha, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Connecting Arc Touch Mouse to Laptop

Hi Tim,

One possible reason why you're having issues with connecting your Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse to your laptop is, can be due to configuration settings. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Did you get any error messages when you tried to connect it to your laptop?
    • Have you tried connecting your Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse to another device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article:
    Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10: FAQ.
    It will let you automatically troubleshoot common Bluetooth problems or Bluetooth device shows as Paired, but not working. You may also perform the instructions by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you provide a remedy to Bluetooth connection concern.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Lost control of mouse and touch screen on laptop

Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Lost control of mouse and touch screen on laptop

1. Lost control of mouse and touch screen on laptop - Similar Threads - Lost control mouse

2. Keyboard mouse and touch screen problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard mouse and touch screen problems: Hi I've been having trouble with an issue regarding my laptop Samsung galaxy book S and built in keyboard and mouse it started some time I want to say this January where the keyboard and mouse would randomly just stop working, originally it wasn't that big off a deal as I'd...
  3. Keyboard mouse and touch screen problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard mouse and touch screen problems: Hi I've been having trouble with an issue regarding my laptop Samsung galaxy book S and built in keyboard and mouse it started some time I want to say this January where the keyboard and mouse would randomly just stop working, originally it wasn't that big off a deal as I'd...
  4. my touch-screen laptop is not responding to touch screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my touch-screen laptop is not responding to touch screen: -----------------------------context-----------------------------ok so this happened out of the blue, I was just chilling on my laptop when i tried to use my touch screen it did not work, thinking it was just some dumb issue and a restart would work, continued with what I was...
  5. Using a touch screen laptop as an external touch screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using a touch screen laptop as an external touch screen?: I know that it's possible to use miracast to use a windows machine as an external monitor for another pc. But is it also possible to use a touch screen laptop and work with touch inputs from that laptop on whatever it is displaying? So far, when using miracast, all inputs on...
  6. Installing Touch Screen Drivers on a non touch screen laptop

Installing Touch Screen Drivers on a non touch screen laptop: Can I download and install a Microsoft touch screen driver on a laptop that does not have touch screen facilities? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-touch-screen-drivers-on-a-non-touch/75eb4d54-e753-4ed2-957a-1460cc68f05c
  7. lost touch screen with may/june update

lost touch screen with may/june update: Levovo 11e Type 20D9, 20DA Laptop ThinkPad - Type 20DA gen 1, win10 home build 19041.329. before update touch screen worked fine now the os states no pen or touch screen available, nothing shows in device manager in HID...
  8. Touch Screen / Mouse out of Control

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Touch Screen / Mouse out of Control: I have Acer aspire R14 laptop running Windows 10. I've had this machine for about 8 months now and have loved it. Over the last while now I've had an issue where I suddenly lose control of the mouse - the cursor starts jumping all over opening random things. I get the grey...
  9. wireless mouse and laptop touch pad

wireless mouse and laptop touch pad: why does the Device Manager show the laptop touchpad as a PS/2 Compatible mouse https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-mouse-and-laptop-touch-pad/5ae7f98c-fe13-41c6-9b97-3acb813e7680
  10. touch screen acts as mouse pointer instead of touch

touch screen acts as mouse pointer instead of touch: Hi, I was trying to use a tablet (ipad) as a second screen. I used Duet first and it worked finger scrolling and all. But duet gave openGL problems). So i uninstalled that and tried Xdisplay. This works but now the touch usses the mouse instead of the pointer... I reinstalled...