Windows 10: Lost D:\ Drive after recent windows update

Discus and support Lost D:\ Drive after recent windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, my computer updated over the weekend to the latest version of Windows 10. However, my D:\ has now gone which stores all of my photographs of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DavidHarrison85, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Lost D:\ Drive after recent windows update

Hi, my computer updated over the weekend to the latest version of Windows 10. However, my D:\ has now gone which stores all of my photographs of my daughter etc. Having carried out System Restore first, with no luck of restoring the D Drive, the current version of Windows is Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362.

I have tried Chkdsk and sfc/ Scannow and no success.

Gone into Disk Management and tried Rescan Disks and this has not worked either. Screen shot below of current state.

Any help is much appreciated.

Lost D:\ Drive after recent windows update 27726d12-f66f-48da-8628-bc3ddd9872c3?upload=true.png

:)

DavidHarrison85, Sep 30, 2019
  2. jenmess Win User

Lost D: drive! Help!

When I updated to Windows 10, I lost my D drive. It's not listed in control panel anywhere. It's not listed in "my computer" anywhere. When I put a CD or DVD in, absolutely nothing happens. How can i get it back?

jenmess, Sep 30, 2019
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Lost D:\ Drive after recent windows update

Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Lost D:\ Drive after recent windows update

1. Lost D:\ Drive after recent windows update - Similar Threads - Lost Drive recent

2. Drive D data lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive D data lost: Hello there, about month ago I installed Win11 and lost my data from drive D. went to Best buy the installed Win 10 and were not able to recover data. Please find me a best solution. there was my studying file some much important files. please any solution windows????...
  3. Drive D data lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive D data lost: Hello there, about month ago I installed Win11 and lost my data from drive D. went to Best buy the installed Win 10 and were not able to recover data. Please find me a best solution. there was my studying file some much important files. please any solution windows????...
  4. d drive was lost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    d drive was lost: hi, so the intel want me to create volume so I did then I check my D drive was lost, it has this blue question mark and it cant open. I run the disk management and the 'unallocated' was no there which is the D drive the black line was none to be found and when I check using...
  5. D Drive stopped working after the recent Windows 10 update October 2020

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    D Drive stopped working after the recent Windows 10 update October 2020: My D drive has stopped working after the recent Windows 10 update. I have tried deleting the drive via device manager and letting windows install it again on start up but this does not solve the problem. When highlighting the properties in device manager I get the following....
  6. D Drive Lost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    D Drive Lost: My PC has two drives typically, an SSD and an HDD. Though my SSD and OS remain intact, I can't access my HDD. A scan of all disks shows no sign of it, it's disappeared from my file explorer, and third party programs fail to find any trace of it. I've even tried resetting...
  7. No visibility or access to one of my partitioned drives D: after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No visibility or access to one of my partitioned drives D: after recent Windows update: I have recently updated Windows 10 to 1903. I store all my documents on the D: Drive a partition on my laptop hard disk. Since the update in File Explorer the D: drive has a blue question mark over it - when I double click on it the egg timer comes up and does not go away....
  8. D: drive on Laptop hard disk - Location Not Available after recent Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    D: drive on Laptop hard disk - Location Not Available after recent Windows update: I have recently updated Windows 10. I store all my documents on the D: Drive on partition of laptop hard disk. Since the update in File Explorer the D: drive has a blue question mark over it - when I double click on it the egg timer comes up and does not go away. Also in...
  9. Lost folders in drive D after stupid error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost folders in drive D after stupid error: Running Windows 10 on a Gigabyte motherboard based tower PC. Have OS on an SSD and I had mapped "My Documents" to an HDD assigned drive letter D with volume name "Stores". I stupidly disconnected the HDD with assigned drive letter D and swapped in another HDD temporarily....
  10. lost D drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    lost D drive: I have an Acer Aspire U27-880 , all in one desktop computer utilising operating system windows 10 home edition 64 bit. yesterday I ran a program called 'intel (R) rapid storage'. After turning computer off the on, I found my D drive had disappeared. there is no record of it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recent windows update lost d drive