Windows 10: lost D drive

Discus and support lost D drive in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an Acer Aspire U27-880 , all in one desktop computer utilising operating system windows 10 home edition 64 bit. yesterday I ran a program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnWalter3, Jul 23, 2018.

1. lost D drive

I have an Acer Aspire U27-880 , all in one desktop computer utilising operating system windows 10 home edition 64 bit.

yesterday I ran a program called 'intel (R) rapid storage'. After turning computer off the on, I found my D drive had disappeared. there is no record of it on disk manager. Luckily I had backed up all my data to an external drive only two days before.

my issue is how can I get back my D drive, which is my basic working drive.

:)

JohnWalter3, Jul 23, 2018
  2. jenmess Win User

Lost D: drive! Help!

When I updated to Windows 10, I lost my D drive. It's not listed in control panel anywhere. It's not listed in "my computer" anywhere. When I put a CD or DVD in, absolutely nothing happens. How can i get it back?

jenmess, Jul 23, 2018
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Jul 23, 2018
  4. lost D drive

Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

lost D drive

1. lost D drive - Similar Threads - lost drive

2. Lost drive space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost drive space: Hi guys! I've just installed windows 10 on my dad's PC. He had used before windows 7 and then reinstalled another windows 7 besides it. Anyways, I decided to delete everything and install windows 10. When I got to the part with cleaning the partition I have deleted everything...
  3. Reinstalled Windows 10 BUT - I've lost my E Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalled Windows 10 BUT - I've lost my E Drive: As the title says......my E drive has now vanished and............I think somehow there might actually be three copies of Windows 10 on my computer now. I'd been having trouble installing it because of Ubuntufied partitions Once that was solved, it installed three times in...
  4. Recovering Lost D Drive & Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering Lost D Drive & Files: I've started my computer up a day after some system updates only to see I've lost over 900gbs of space! Now I only have my OS C: and can't find anything through the disk management section. How can I get my storage back? This is an internal hard drive that I can't find...
  5. TPM BITLOCKER LOST PASSWORD TO UNLOCK THE OTHER DRIVES

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    TPM BITLOCKER LOST PASSWORD TO UNLOCK THE OTHER DRIVES: Dear Microsoft Team, I lost the password of the drives D: and E: see the image attached, passwors are masked but not the C: drive Is there any solution to change it or recover it with TPM management ? [ATTACH]...
  6. I lost my hard drive and my license?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I lost my hard drive and my license?: Hi everyone recently i lost my hard drive. Before installing a new windows 10 in another hard drive im wondering what will happen with my old windows 10 key, its lost i supose, i don't have any backup avaliable. Then i started to run some recovery stuff to my broken hard...
  7. how to unlock hard drive bitlocker if lost all password and recovery keys?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to unlock hard drive bitlocker if lost all password and recovery keys?: Accidentally, I have lost password and recovery keys after reinstall windows, and i drive is got bitlocker. How can i unlock my drive? it is very important to me?...
  8. Lost info in One Drive Files

Lost info in One Drive Files: After Syncing my files, when I go into One Drive and open a previous file that I saved the current information is gone. This has happened on several of my files. Anyone know why or how I can restore them?....
  9. Installed Realtek High Definition Audio but lost 1GB of C drive space

Installed Realtek High Definition Audio but lost 1GB of C drive space: hi there: I like to know, when I installed Realtek High Definition Audio driver, the newer one, I lost 1GB of C drive space, not that it is a lot. How can I gain that 1GB of lost space? I remember when I installed the Intel audio driver, I can gain the lost space. Where to...
  10. Lost partition on my internal hard drive

Lost partition on my internal hard drive: I have a Dell XPS that is running Windows 10. I had a hard drive that was partitioned into a C: drive with 200 Gb for programs and a D: drive with 1.7 Tb for data. I was deleting programs a few days ago to free up hard drive space and I remember several versions of Visual...