Windows 10: lost data and pictures

Discus and support lost data and pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why do I need to buy recovery software after windows lost my personal dat, pictures, documents, passwords, downloads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tesstruhartz, Jun 13, 2019.

1. lost data and pictures

Why do I need to buy recovery software after windows lost my personal dat, pictures, documents, passwords, downloads

:)

tesstruhartz, Jun 13, 2019
  2. nicota Win User

BUG: Picture's Exif-Data gets lost

Hi,

I encountered following bug: After saving a picture to my mobile, all the Exif-data in the picture gets lost. same happens if I save a picture after using a tool like photo stylist oder pictures lab.

the authors of these programs had the same experience. it must be a bug in the OS

nicota, Jun 13, 2019
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown lost data and pictures :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jun 13, 2019
  4. enso Win User

lost data and pictures

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

lost data and pictures

1. lost data and pictures - Similar Threads - lost data pictures

2. Lost data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost data: I reset my pc yesterday and it formated the D drive that i had a lot of of important data on. I selected normal reset. Do you have any recomendations for recovering data? Any programs?...
  3. Lost data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost data: I reset my pc yesterday and it formated the D drive that i had a lot of of important data on. I selected normal reset. Do you have any recomendations for recovering data? Any programs?...
  4. Lost data

Lost data: last used my laptop 7/8 years ago. I bought in 2010.samsung R 520.As I could not open it. I got it repaired. And the I've lost all my data documents photos Apparently it was too old. Is there anyway I can retrieve my photos and documents....
  5. Lost Data

Lost Data: I had my motherboard replaced recently by a laptop repair company. They warned me of potential data loss. They tell me they have reinstalled my OS and upon opening my laptop this is evident as all my data is gone. I was wondering if there was any way to access my old data or...
  6. DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DATA LOST: Good day, I just want to ask if any of you encounter a problem where SD Card not showing your files and folders? I mean, I just moved all my files from desktop to SD card. And all the files are in one folder.The files size is 120GB even after I moved it to SD Card, but my...
  7. DATA LOST

DATA LOST: Good day, I just want to ask if any of you encounter a problem where SD Card not showing your files and folders? I mean, I just moved all my files from desktop to SD card. And all the files are in one folder.The files size is 120GB even after I moved it to SD Card, but my...
  8. Lost Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Data: Lost data after Microsoft update. Edge replaced everything -- docs, videos, pics, restore points, browser, etc. How can I reclaim data without restore points? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data/c50c4691-93db-4f84-ac70-db1e1e6509a9
  9. Lost DATA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost DATA: So basically I got a new PC, and as I wanted to Play Forza Horizon4, I lost all of my data and I´ve no idea what to do.... please help me [moved from German forums] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data/962731df-f922-4a70-8714-14367bd35730
  10. lost pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost pictures: I was uploading pictures on craigslist and they just fanished. where can I look for them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-pictures/96a83818-b754-45bb-afd8-fce9701d7699"