Windows 10: lost data and pictures

Discus and support lost data and pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Why do I need to buy recovery software after windows lost my personal dat, pictures, documents, passwords, downloads... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tesstruhartz, Jun 13, 2019 at 6:17 AM.

1. lost data and pictures

Why do I need to buy recovery software after windows lost my personal dat, pictures, documents, passwords, downloads

:)

tesstruhartz, Jun 13, 2019 at 6:17 AM
  2. nicota Win User

BUG: Picture's Exif-Data gets lost

Hi,

I encountered following bug: After saving a picture to my mobile, all the Exif-data in the picture gets lost. same happens if I save a picture after using a tool like photo stylist oder pictures lab.

the authors of these programs had the same experience. it must be a bug in the OS

3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown lost data and pictures :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jun 13, 2019 at 6:18 AM
  4. enso Win User

lost data and pictures

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

lost data and pictures

1. lost data and pictures - Similar Threads - lost data pictures

2. lost data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost data: I downloaded Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 18348. But my system presented issues. So I restored my OS using a previous image. Everything was fine but then I noticed that one of my internal drives where BitLocker was enabled had deleted all my data. I still have the volume...
  3. Data Lost! How to recover?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data Lost! How to recover?: I have recently upgrade my Windows 10 to 18309 pre build my photos of one folder have been lost not opening But all files are there! Only not opening Video shoing this error 0x80004005 and photos shhows"we are unable to open this file! Space is also full but only files are...
  4. Lost all pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all pictures: I downloaded my pictures from my phone to my computer and down the folder shows the display picture and tells me the different sizes in each folder. BUT when I open the folder it says it's empty. Any ideas? Thank you. I run windows 10,...
  5. lost data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost data: i lost my data and money gt racing 2 on my pc please help me username maskongkong email *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data/80a61bfb-04c9-4170-a2ff-7f6ebc78c9cb
  6. Data lost in Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Data lost in Contacts: Hello, Since the last two Windows 10 updates were issued and installed on 10/1/2018, I have lost a lot of data in my contacts. In some contacts, telephone numbers and addresses are missing. In some other contacts, the Notes section is missing entirely. Is it possible...
  7. Lost Game Data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Game Data: I am a daily player of Microsoft Solitaire. Today, when I logged onto the game, none of my completed games were shown. My entire calendar was red, with scores of 0/5 games played showing. What is going on? How do I get my saved games back again?...
  8. data lost

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    data lost: I was blocked from my one drive account ( password didn't work on android samsung got numerous frames that asked for additional e-mails to "add it as aliases to your existing account" and endless codes that didn't work) and now I see all my data was deleted, where do I file...
  9. Recover lost partitions and data

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Recover lost partitions and data: I appreciate the help with this issue. I did something stupid, I freely admit that. Now I need help to fix the problem. My laptop running Windows 10 updated to the latest build and would not boot. I kept getting Missing boot manager missing. Eventually I removed the drive and...
  10. Pictures Lost On Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Pictures Lost On Upgrade: Hi y'all, My upgrade (laptop) went smoothly. However, a friend upgraded her computer and said her pictures are lost. I tried talking her through searching for them, and she said the ones that appear are 0 bytes in size. Of course, she should have backed up her files...