Windows 10: Lost data due to worthless update

Discus and support Lost data due to worthless update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was stupid. I let updates be installed when they were available. This time what I got back was a machine with all my settings ad most of my data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by citmyway(2), Aug 28, 2019.

1. Lost data due to worthless update

I was stupid. I let updates be installed when they were available. This time what I got back was a machine with all my settings ad most of my data fucked up. when I did the reboot after the update I had nothing. Most data was gone and I lost all my web addresses. I was able to reconstruct my PC with the Windows.old file, I was happy for about 20 minutes.

My system needed a reboot after the update (at least it said I did) and I foolishly did a restart.

It ran a long time and what I got back was a system that appeared to be a mirror image of the what I changed from withe a special gift. The windows.old is empty. I have rebuilt yet again and will probably not update again. Thank you mister Gates.

Is there any to determine if a new update will wipe me out once again?

:)

citmyway(2), Aug 28, 2019

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Lost data due to worthless update :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Lost Calendar data

This is beside the point. I did not update to Windows 10 (was made long time ago), but lost data when allowing for a minor update on 29 October (sorry about November in my question). Data was back two days later. Witchcraft?

I still have a problem with data from the past. All is gone a few days after the date. With this, the calender is worthless. Will have to go back to Outlook.

WernerBurkart, Aug 28, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Lost data due to worthless update

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Lost data due to worthless update

1. Lost data due to worthless update - Similar Threads - Lost data due

2. This community is worthless.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This community is worthless.: I have tried to acquire solutions to problems I faced , face, and will face in the future and the one place I refuse to go to is this pathetic community. You M F are as useful as two tits on a hog. All you do is carry on about items that are not the basis for the topic....
  3. I lost more data due to Window's forced reboot after an update =

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I lost more data due to Window's forced reboot after an update =: Windows 10 is a horrible system to be avoided at all costs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-more-data-due-to-windows-forced-reboot/bb7f011e-7d83-40a9-a03f-8fc5237b3775
  4. I lost more data due to Window's forced reboot after an update =

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I lost more data due to Window's forced reboot after an update =: Windows 10 is a horrible system to be avoided at all costs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-lost-more-data-due-to-windows-forced-reboot/bb7f011e-7d83-40a9-a03f-8fc5237b3775
  5. I lost more data due to Window's forced reboot after an update =

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DATA LOST: Good day, I just want to ask if any of you encounter a problem where SD Card not showing your files and folders? I mean, I just moved all my files from desktop to SD card. And all the files are in one folder.The files size is 120GB even after I moved it to SD Card, but my...
  7. data lost due to incorrect update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    data lost due to incorrect update: On my acer windows 10 laptop it was asking for updates. After I ran update and restart, it ran a diagnostic repair and did not boot correctly. I had to restore the laptop using backup restore driveUSB which I had created immediately after first using the laptop. But now all...
  8. Updates and lost data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates and lost data: Each month Microsoft does an update on my computer and each month all my data is lost. Why does this keep happening and how can I stop this happening each month? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-and-lost-data/9652240b-05c9-4d62-8e41-d3c1d0b3c51b
  9. Lost all my data due to the last update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost all my data due to the last update.: This happened nearly an hour ago. Windows automatically installed it's recent update while booting and destroyed all my data (software, docs, photos), there are just a few apps left. Started a system recovery which failed. Did this happen to anybody else? Has Windows...
  10. Lost data due to recent Microsoft update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost data due to recent Microsoft update: Latest update last night removed ALL my data from my document and picture folder. What the heck? How do restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data-due-to-recent-microsoft-update/5ec2c295-2401-48c8-8f4c-1f745de31def"