Windows 10: Lost data files

Discus and support Lost data files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to use Turbo Tax. Attempted to copy tax file from pc to thumb drive and cd to use on Mac. However software failed to work on Mac. So... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Deputy69, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Deputy69 Win User

Lost data files

I am trying to use Turbo Tax. Attempted to copy tax file from pc to thumb drive and cd to use on Mac. However software failed to work on Mac. So started Turbo Tax on pc and it can’t find last years return data. My question is, by using send to instead of copy, have I inadvertently removed those files from pc when I used send to?

Thanks for any insight

:)

Deputy69, Mar 2, 2020

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Lost data files :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Lost data files

Hi.

After the Windows 1809 update, many people have lost their files. I suggest reverting the update if you desire.

To get the files back, use a program called Recuva:
    https://www.****/recuva

This program is endorsed by many other experts and advisors to get your data back that 1809 deleted.

Please keep me updated on the situation

Zackary Vanosdol, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Bo$$ Win User

Lost data files

Can data be recovered from a Formatted SD Flash Card?

read, he has lost his flash card with sensitive info on it

Bo$$, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Lost data files

1. Lost data files - Similar Threads - Lost data files

2. Lost data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost data: I reset my pc yesterday and it formated the D drive that i had a lot of of important data on. I selected normal reset. Do you have any recomendations for recovering data? Any programs?...
  3. Lost data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost data: I reset my pc yesterday and it formated the D drive that i had a lot of of important data on. I selected normal reset. Do you have any recomendations for recovering data? Any programs?...
  4. Lost data

Lost data: last used my laptop 7/8 years ago. I bought in 2010.samsung R 520.As I could not open it. I got it repaired. And the I've lost all my data documents photos Apparently it was too old. Is there anyway I can retrieve my photos and documents....
  5. Lost Data

Lost Data: I had my motherboard replaced recently by a laptop repair company. They warned me of potential data loss. They tell me they have reinstalled my OS and upon opening my laptop this is evident as all my data is gone. I was wondering if there was any way to access my old data or...
  6. DATA LOST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DATA LOST: Good day, I just want to ask if any of you encounter a problem where SD Card not showing your files and folders? I mean, I just moved all my files from desktop to SD card. And all the files are in one folder.The files size is 120GB even after I moved it to SD Card, but my...
  7. DATA LOST

DATA LOST: Good day, I just want to ask if any of you encounter a problem where SD Card not showing your files and folders? I mean, I just moved all my files from desktop to SD card. And all the files are in one folder.The files size is 120GB even after I moved it to SD Card, but my...
  8. Lost Data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Data: Lost data after Microsoft update. Edge replaced everything -- docs, videos, pics, restore points, browser, etc. How can I reclaim data without restore points? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data/c50c4691-93db-4f84-ac70-db1e1e6509a9
  9. Lost data file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost data file: I switched to Edge from Chrome and restarted the computer. I lost a data file somewhere during this time. I have searched my computer and cannot find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data-file/8fe31425-a5a1-40a4-96d8-5be8505c71b3
  10. Lost DATA

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost DATA: So basically I got a new PC, and as I wanted to Play Forza Horizon4, I lost all of my data and I´ve no idea what to do.... please help me [moved from German forums] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-data/962731df-f922-4a70-8714-14367bd35730