Windows 10: Lost Data in OneNote after Widnows Update

Discus and support Lost Data in OneNote after Widnows Update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I lost some of my data from OneNote after the last update and can't retrieve it. Any ideas? Windows will not allow me to go back to a previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SkipKatz, Mar 31, 2020.

1. SkipKatz Win User

Lost Data in OneNote after Widnows Update

I lost some of my data from OneNote after the last update and can't retrieve it. Any ideas? Windows will not allow me to go back to a previous version.

:)

SkipKatz, Mar 31, 2020

2. OneNote lost data on Windows Phone (WP7)

Have you used the SkyDrive app to check for your data? I also thought I'd lost some notes. Turns out they were just in the cloud and not showing up in my OneNote list on the phone.

Untitled86, Mar 31, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    LOST DATA ONENOTE

Hi Jeff,

There are a lot of possible factors for this matter. To isolate the issue, I have a couple of questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• What activity triggered the issue?

• Were there any error messages appear before your device went to repair mode?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

I recommend that you perform a system restore and see if you can still recover the lost data. To perform a system
    restore, follow these steps:

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Change
      View to Small icons.

• Choose
      Recovery.

• Click on
      Open System Restore.

• Choose the restore point to when the issue is not occurring.

For more information, check to the article entitled
    "Recovery
    options in Windows 10"
    and refer to the instructions under
    Restore from a system restore point.

We'll waiting for any updates from you.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Jeff SRG Win User

LOST DATA ONENOTE

Hi there guys, i need some serious help to recover lost data from a onenote page.

The Onenote app in question is the basic version, not the Office 2016.

I was onsite today, approxiamtely a 3.5 hour drive and my bbatery went flat on my surface book. I connected the keyboard and windows went into a repair mode.

When i return home the computer restarted normally and when i launched the onenote app, right before my eyes i saw all the handwritten (stylus pen) data disappear.

Can anyone assist me on how to recover this data?

PS When i went to my onedrive account, it has only saved a blank doc as there was no internet connection until i turned the computer on when i got back home.

Thanks so much.

[Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Books & Reference]

Jeff SRG, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Lost Data in OneNote after Widnows Update - Similar Threads - Lost Data OneNote

2. Data Lost After Windows Updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Data Lost After Windows Updates: After an update, it seems that some of my information is lost. I have lost all my pictures, apps, security app, etc. Why does this keep happening and what can I do to prevent it in the future? [Original Title: windows updates]...
  3. Updates and lost data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updates and lost data: Each month Microsoft does an update on my computer and each month all my data is lost. Why does this keep happening and how can I stop this happening each month? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-and-lost-data/9652240b-05c9-4d62-8e41-d3c1d0b3c51b
  4. Lost data after windows update

Lost data after windows update: An unfortunate series of events ended with me losing some important files after a windows 10 update version 1909. Steps to reproduce: 1: After the initial update, my computer rebooted to a nearly clean desktop. Missing 90% of my desktop seemed to only contains certain...
  5. Data lost after after windows 10 latest update

Data lost after after windows 10 latest update: Hello Everyone!!! I'm facing issues regarding the latest update of windows 10. My Data and Apps that i installed got deleted. Every time logged in to my device My device removes my data.......Please help me to solve my issue Thank you so much!!!...
  6. data lost after win10 update

data lost after win10 update: Hello. I have just recognised that lots ot my folders and files disappeared documents, pictures, ect about 2-3 Gb after a windows 10 update. I tried everything what the communities adviced, hidden files, phantom user, restart indexing, ect., but only a few broken doc and...
  7. All data lost after WIN 10 update?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All data lost after WIN 10 update?: An hour before, my computer underwent an automatic update. After update, I could not login in. Then I re-boot and then I could log in. Unfortunately, I found all data in the Document lost. I browsed the computer files and found the data were in another “Document” so...
  8. Data lost after update to build 18362.356

Data lost after update to build 18362.356: Hi, my Windows 10 laptop updated last night to version 1903, build 18362.356. Now, all (and I mean really all) my data seems lost. Some installed apps, as well as all my settings, are gone too. C:\Windows.old contains folders, but all of them (e. g. the...
  9. Lost Quicken user data after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Quicken user data after Windows update: I am a Quicken user and the last upgrade to my computer caused a loss of stored memory to this program. I'm not sure how this happened as I have a external hard drive I use to backup all info on. I lost over a months worth of info. I've tried unsuccessfully to retrieve this...
  10. Lost Horizontal Scroll after Creators Update in OneNote 2016 Only

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Lost Horizontal Scroll after Creators Update in OneNote 2016 Only: I'm part of the IT team for a medical college. All of our students have i5 Surface Books. They're slowly getting the Creators update. We now have 2 students that have mysteriously lost the ability to scroll horizontally in OneNote 2016. This is the 2-finger track pad...