Windows 10: lost data on flash drive

Discus and support lost data on flash drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have lost one entire file on a USB flash drive using Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelWischmann, Aug 23, 2019.

1. lost data on flash drive

I have lost one entire file on a USB flash drive using Windows 10.

:)

MichaelWischmann, Aug 23, 2019

2. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown lost data on flash drive :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Aug 23, 2019
  3. Nick Dich Win User
    flash drive data

LOL on this. :'D

Anyway, let us try to scan first if there are any data corruption causing this one to your flash drive. Kindly follow the steps provided below:

Method 1:

System file checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Run system file checker (SFC) and see if it helps. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin).

• Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

sfc /scannow

If it does not help, use method 2.

Method 2:

Run DISM tool and check the issue. Please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X keys and click command prompt (admin).

• Type the following command in command prompt and press Enter.

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

If this have not detected any issues, we will proceed with the next steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Nick Dich, Aug 23, 2019
  4. Nick Dich Win User

lost data on flash drive

flash drive data

Hi,

We need to ask you the following questions so we can help you with your concern:

• Have you tried to connect this flash drive to other computer to check if the files are shown?
    • Have you received any specific error codes when you connect this flash drive on your computer?
    • Have you tried to use different ports on your computer to see if it will recognize it properly?
    • Can you tell us what other steps have you already been taken to resolve this issue?

We will be waiting for your response.

Nick Dich, Aug 23, 2019
Thema:

lost data on flash drive

1. lost data on flash drive - Similar Threads - lost data flash

2. One drive local data lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One drive local data lost: Good dayI lost all my local data Photos, documents, etc. after deleting one drive from my PCI ran multiple recovery tools and had no successI just need to albums recoveredPlease HELP!...
  3. One drive local data lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One drive local data lost: Good dayI lost all my local data Photos, documents, etc. after deleting one drive from my PCI ran multiple recovery tools and had no successI just need to albums recoveredPlease HELP!...
  4. Drive D data lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive D data lost: Hello there, about month ago I installed Win11 and lost my data from drive D. went to Best buy the installed Win 10 and were not able to recover data. Please find me a best solution. there was my studying file some much important files. please any solution windows????...
  5. Drive D data lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive D data lost: Hello there, about month ago I installed Win11 and lost my data from drive D. went to Best buy the installed Win 10 and were not able to recover data. Please find me a best solution. there was my studying file some much important files. please any solution windows????...
  6. retrive data deleted from flash-drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    retrive data deleted from flash-drive: Is there a way to retrieve data that you deleted from a flash-drive by accident? luckily I had a back up to my back up, but I am worried I will do something stupid again....
  7. retrive data deleted from flash-drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    retrive data deleted from flash-drive: Is there a way to retrieve data that you deleted from a flash-drive by accident? luckily I had a back up to my back up, but I am worried I will do something stupid again....
  8. Lost 68 of data on hard drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost 68 of data on hard drive: Can anyone help me on this issue? I suddenly lost 68 gb of data. Multiple folders and files dissappeared. Randomly. There is no clue. Some subfolders can still be there, while others are completely gone with all the content in it... submitted by /u/MrMelomaan [link]...
  9. Lost E: data drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost E: data drive: I have a laptop with dual drives, an SSD that runs the windows and other programs, and a data drive for my data. Recently the data drive became "unavailable" and a big blue questionmark appears above it in file explorer. Tried restoring windows 10 on the laptop but its...
  10. Drive dissappeared - all data lost?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive dissappeared - all data lost?: Hi all, I’d like to ask for your help. I was moving about 1.5 TB of data from an external drive to an internal drive (secondary, non-system hard drive), left the PC for a few hours and when I came back the moving process was paused at 0 kB/s speed and the internal...