Windows 10: Lost Data while preparing USB Bootable Media

Discus and support Lost Data while preparing USB Bootable Media in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i made a partition specifically for the bootable drive but still lost all my data. i had 5 total partition and one of them is for the bootable disk. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by michael patrick swayze, Oct 1, 2022.

1. Lost Data while preparing USB Bootable Media

i made a partition specifically for the bootable drive but still lost all my data. i had 5 total partition and one of them is for the bootable disk. i installed it there to prevent overwritting, but still it over written everything. someone please help me

:)

michael patrick swayze, Oct 1, 2022

2. Lost Data while preparing USB Bootable Media

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the Windows 10 USB preparation.

This might be happened due to flash drive got formatted with the same file system where windows installation need to be prepared.

In order to understand more about the query please answer the below questions.

• Let us know how you prepared the Windows 10 installation image on your flash drive?

• Are you preparing it through Media Creation Tool?
    Note: While creating a USB installation media, the flash drive will only begin to start preparing the image only after performing a format to the drive.
    This is an essential part recommended by Microsoft.

I suggest you to go through the below article about how to install Windows 10 using Media Creation Tool, and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

Please get back to us with an update and we are glad to assist.

Thank you.

Danny Kishan, Oct 1, 2022
  3. Agility Win User
    Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Oct 1, 2022
  4. Lost Data while preparing USB Bootable Media

Andre Da Costa, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

Lost Data while preparing USB Bootable Media

1. Lost Data while preparing USB Bootable Media - Similar Threads - Lost Data while

2. Lost Data while preparing USB Bootable Media

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost Data while preparing USB Bootable Media: i made a partition specifically for the bootable drive but still lost all my data. i had 5 total partition and one of them is for the bootable disk. i installed it there to prevent overwritting, but still it over written everything. someone please help me...
  3. Lost Data while preparing USB Bootable Media

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost Data while preparing USB Bootable Media: i made a partition specifically for the bootable drive but still lost all my data. i had 5 total partition and one of them is for the bootable disk. i installed it there to prevent overwritting, but still it over written everything. someone please help me...
  4. Problem while creating usb bootable from microsoft media creation tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem while creating usb bootable from microsoft media creation tool: Why this problem arises while creating usb bootable from media creation tool ?How can I solved it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-while-creating-usb-bootable-from-microsoft/d39da4cd-c784-410a-901b-63cc30573eeb
  5. Problem while creating usb bootable from microsoft media creation tool

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problem while creating usb bootable from microsoft media creation tool: Why this problem arises while creating usb bootable from media creation tool ?How can I solved it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-while-creating-usb-bootable-from-microsoft/d39da4cd-c784-410a-901b-63cc30573eeb
  6. Problem while creating usb bootable from microsoft media creation tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. usb live stick, lost bootability and accessibility

in Windows 10 Support
    usb live stick, lost bootability and accessibility: i made bootable usb stick using winsetupfromusb.exe, content multiple useful tools, such hirenbcd, ubcd, antivirus, tails... and many *.iso. few days ago, i was messing around ubcd tools and ended ruined my boot usb repair tool. all data and iso are intact, all subfolder...
  8. how to create a USB bootable media

how to create a USB bootable media: I have an Acer desktop computer running Windows 10 and I got only the update Version 1803. I can't get 1809 and 19093 because after installation, I can't boot the computer. On the other hand, Microsoft informs that I need to get the newer version update. That is why I need to...
  9. Bootable Media

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bootable Media: Hello, I am attempting to create bootable media from a USB Thumbdrive, and using the windows 7 USB/DVD tool in order to boot from the device., when its at 100%, it says files copied successfully, but unable to run bootsect, to make the drive bootable. how would I go about...
  10. preparing demo software on a bootable USB Flash drive

preparing demo software on a bootable USB Flash drive: I would like to demonstrate a program to a potential user. This program requires the installation of MySQL and for the user to follow some instructions. Rather than risk that the user makes a mistake or finds any part of the installation inconvenient I am looking for...