Windows 10: Lost Deleted files.

Discus and support Lost Deleted files. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, I just deleted some files from a thumbdrive while viewing them in the file cabinet ( Or This PC if you prefer) and I'm trying to recover... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Oscar Hotel, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Lost Deleted files.

Hello All,

I just deleted some files from a thumbdrive while viewing them in the file cabinet ( Or This PC if you prefer) and I'm trying to recover them. I'm not seeing them in the recycling bin.

Is there a reason for this ?

Thank you, Oscar.

:)

Oscar Hotel, Feb 11, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Melvis Win User

Lost Deleted files.

How to recover files off a HDD from a deleted partition? help!!!

Thanks for your reply. I used my m8s program and it worked like a dream, recovered all the files and also deleted ones from yrs back, was amazed how well it did. Next step is i will use that Partition Table Doctor to recover the deleted partition. Thanks for the link *Toast :toast:

Melvis, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Lost Deleted files.

1. Lost Deleted files. - Similar Threads - Lost Deleted files

2. lost files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    lost files: why did this pc not recognize my user profile? all my photos and files and favorites and contacts are gone. PC WANTS ME TO START OVER. Where are all my files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-files/025bc127-7b62-42bf-bcdf-6c4281f05ae8"
  3. lost file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    lost file: I wrote a paper yesterday using Microsoft word, it was from a template my school gave me. I can't find it now, I can find the shortcut to it but it says the shortcut was moved or changed and all it gives me the option to do is delete the shortcut. How can I get my paper back?...
  4. lost files delete by microsoft again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost files delete by microsoft again: I am unsure if you are the proper section of outlook Microsoft support I should contact However as I find impossible it to find any other direct method of contacting I have had to resort to this point.... My problem is that my Hotmail information and thus also my...
  5. lost files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost files: My Acer laptop died after Oct updates I had a usb recovery stick which revived the machine but I have lost docs is there arecovery I can try to get them back. Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-files/08556132-264f-42f1-860c-997afad24267
  6. lost or deleted settings

lost or deleted settings: need to know how to reset my user account and credential manager? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-or-deleted-settings/4396e3ab-fc7a-40b8-851a-df657d4eb5a6"
  7. Lost File!!!

Lost File!!!: Had a file and cannot find it anymore. Tried everything I could find online to find. Ideas?????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-file/3b6ae415-8de7-440b-8cfe-7a64f35e6ca7"
  8. Lost file

Lost file: I just finished a document entitled Minutes. However, I hit the wrong tab when asked if I wanted to save it. I did copy the screen but it did not work. Anyway I can recover the last file...
  9. lost file

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost file: Just finished editing a file for work and saved it to a weird folder and now it's not there. how can I locate it? c:/Users/trevo/AppData/Local/packages/Microsoft.Microsoftedge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/wordselfie.docx...
  10. Lost Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost Files: I'll try and put this in order and hopefully there is an answer after my daughter being in tears twice yesterday. She got a new Lenovo laptop fro Christmas with Windows 8 She made a back up on her desktop of all the photos on her iPhone - called the folder 'Phone' She...