Windows 10: lost desktop folder

Discus and support lost desktop folder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I moved the desktop folder to OneDrive and now OneDrive folder contents are displayed on the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rkrenz, Mar 3, 2020.

1. rkrenz Win User

lost desktop folder

I moved the desktop folder to OneDrive and now OneDrive folder contents are displayed on the desktop

:)

rkrenz, Mar 3, 2020

2. lost folders from desktop

Hello,

It is possible that your folders were deleted, hidden, or move where they are saved before. For us to efficiently assist you, we would like to ask a few questions:

• Could you tell us if you have tried checking if those folders are hidden?
    • Have you tried to check your Recycle Bin?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

Meanwhile, we advise that you follow the suggestions provided in this
    article
    on how to find missing files in Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your response.

Stephanie Sal, Mar 3, 2020
  3. gabbydgar Win User
    Folder in Favorites lost

Had a folder in IE favorites named xxxxx favorites with many items in it. Don't know what I may have done but it is gone from the list. When I try to create a new folder it tells me that there is one already there, but it is not. Any suggestion where I might find the lost folder or how to restore it.

gabbydgar, Mar 3, 2020
  4. MohanC Win User

lost desktop folder

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

lost desktop folder

1. lost desktop folder - Similar Threads - lost desktop folder

2. Lost folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost folder: [ATTACH] When I go to "My PC" on my HP laptop,I cannot open the Downloads folder.I get this error message.The page says: This PC.The folders in it are:3D Pictures,Desktop,Documents,Downloads,Music,Pictures and Videos.These came with the laptop....
  3. Lost folder

Lost folder: Hello! I preinstalled my windows, because it was running pretty slow/bad and later today I found out that i didn't saved 1 folder that was very important. By very important i mean VERY VERY IMPORTANT folder. My question is: Is there any way that i can get it back? I don't...
  4. Lost Folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Folder: How do I recover a Folder that disappeared from my Desk Top?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-folder/c9f944f5-52de-494a-a7be-e7340b6e0ee5
  5. Lost Desktop

Lost Desktop: I rebooted my pc and have lost access to the desktop. It looks more like a start page. How do I get my desktop back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-desktop/97af6667-dfd3-4562-8b72-a0dd002aaad4
  6. lost desktop

lost desktop: I just had the latest update to windows 10 and lost my entire desktop. how do i restore the icons and task bar icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-desktop/4c9d11e8-78dc-4541-a0af-004a9a376b23
  7. Lost DeskTop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost DeskTop: I lost my desktop file when my my laptop updated windows 10 black screen task bar on bottom recycle bin on top can't access anything to repair any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-desktop/7f16bd6d-cd66-4b94-8f0b-3d4a80339a5d
  8. Lost everything in Desktop and Documents folder

Lost everything in Desktop and Documents folder: I had been using Windows 10 at home with a local account after the PC was updated from Windows 7. Everything was fine even after I changed the account to a newly applied Microsoft account. However, all the files under Desktop and Documents were gone after a major Windows...
  9. lost desktop

lost desktop: My computer did an update on windows 10 and now it can't find the desktop, nothing works and I have a black screen. A dialog box does come up saying the desktop is missing or moved...
  10. Lost Desktop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost Desktop: In Win 10; Yesterday I ran RegCurePro. It told me to reboot. After It restarted I had no Desktop and I haven't been able to get it back. The only way tat I can do anything on my computer is to type Desktop in the Start menu and select the program from that menu. Otherwise the...