Windows 10: Lost desktop icons

Discus and support Lost desktop icons in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My wife was trying to delete document icons on screen two. She clicked one then hit shift to highlight them all. The problem lies in that she didn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavidYeski, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Lost desktop icons

My wife was trying to delete document icons on screen two. She clicked one then hit shift to highlight them all.

The problem lies in that she didn't release the shift button before moving the mouse toward the recycle bin. In her path, she wiped out multiple icons on screen one. They are not visible in the recycle bin.

Where did they go? How can we get them back?

Thank you all.

:)

DavidYeski, Jan 29, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Jan 29, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jan 29, 2020
  4. Lost desktop icons

Lost desktop icons

Hi,

Misconfiguration in Windows Settings is the usual cause why the desktop icons are missing. If you did not manually delete the icons, you can try the following steps to be able to view the icons on your desktop.

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Click on View.
    • Make sure that the Show desktop icons option is checked.

Lost desktop icons bbea6e90-86ee-490b-865a-1c4f2d86e12e?upload=true.png
    If the same issue persists, you can restore your Windows 10 by using the system restore point. Visit this
    link for further information about the recovery options in Windows 10. Follow the steps under Restore from a system restore
    point.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

Lost desktop icons

1. Lost desktop icons - Similar Threads - Lost desktop icons

2. Lost icons on the desktop and file manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost icons on the desktop and file manager: As the figure showns below, on the desktop, the apps are functionally normal but the icons are missing. That also happens in the file manager. However, in the startup menu, the icons and tiles are normal. I have tried restarting my PC, "/scannow" on cmd which no issue is...
  3. OneDrive: Lost desktop icons, now in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive: Lost desktop icons, now in OneDrive: Windows 10 Pro Synched my Desktop to OneDrive now all my laptop icons are gone into OneDrive. I'd like to keep my desktop populated with all my files, etc. and also synched to OneDrive. How an I do this. Thanks 170837
  4. lost icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost icons: i recently minimized images on my system and lost my icons. how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-icons/77dc25cb-6fbe-4be1-9046-2e6322234216
  5. Lost Desktop icons

Lost Desktop icons: All my Desktop Icons vanished and can't get them back. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-desktop-icons/dff73362-0977-4f52-b19b-d53c69035492
  6. Lost desktop icon shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost desktop icon shortcuts: I just did a fresh install of Win 10 from Win 7 I saved the desktop shortcuts from C:\Users\myname\Desktop to a stick, i was using Chrome as the default engine. After i installed Win 10 and copied the desktop folder back under my username the icons and the name of the...
  7. lost my desktop icons

lost my desktop icons: lost my original desktop and the icons, need help please to get back to original windows 10 and icons https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-desktop-icons/3106ac95-354b-4fc1-abe4-a01c22e1136b
  8. Lost Edge browser icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Edge browser icon on desktop: Somehow, my Edge browser icon has disappeared from the desktop. I can still access it through the Cortana search box. So, obviously the browser is on my computer, but I'd like to access it via an icon on the desktop rather than the search box. What can I do? Thanks....
  9. windows 10 update - lost desktop icon

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 update - lost desktop icon: hi all, My acer laptop did a windows 10 update and since then i have lost my desktop icons and now i have start boxes on the screen like windows 8 does. How can i get my old desktop icons back as i have set them up just the way i like them, and hate this start boxes Im...
  10. Lost all "Desktop" Icons/Shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost all "Desktop" Icons/Shortcuts: I was on a short vacation, and I powered off my system...via power strip, while gone. Upon return, I fired up the system, and downloaded any updates, etc., that might have been available during my "absence". When done, I noticed that all my old W7 desktop "shortcuts" were...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. peter1986c