Windows 10: LOST DEVICE

Discus and support LOST DEVICE in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I got this querry, I lost my windows 10 laptop device a while ago, I have exhausted all the process to locate it via my Microsoft account. Now I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bernard omondi, Jan 21, 2020.

1. LOST DEVICE

I got this querry, I lost my windows 10 laptop device a while ago, I have exhausted all the process to locate it via my Microsoft account. Now I can see on the map where my device was last seen. I have tried to lock it remotely in vain. Microsoft promise to send a message to my email 1 month ago to date I haven't seen anything. How do I go about it thanks.

:)

bernard omondi, Jan 21, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done LOST DEVICE :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jan 21, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    How to find a lost device?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sorry to hear that your device is stolen. I am glad you were able to use this feature to find your device and lock it. For more information on this feature, I would suggest you to refer the article on

Find and lock a lost Windows device
    , please check the steps and see if it is helpful to you.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 21, 2020
  4. LOST DEVICE

Network master browser lost to a linux device, how to disable it ?

My NAS box lost it's position as the Master Server browser on our network. The device that picked up this role, is Linux based. How do I achieve the following Windows instructions as per this page, but in Linux?

Norton Internet Security™ - Web Security & Protection for Your PC

And if it cannot be done in Linux, how do I hard force a device to pick up the browser role? The NAS box is also Linux.

And any suggestions for how to avoid this happening in the future, or a quick fix if there is one?

newconroer, Jan 21, 2020
Thema:

LOST DEVICE

1. LOST DEVICE - Similar Threads - LOST DEVICE

2. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  3. How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I make my account an administrator? I lost administrative rights on my device.: I have an ASUS ROG Strix Windows 11 and for around 5 months now, I've been stuck without administrator access. I can't give permissions to any apps on my computer because when I am asked to, the "yes" button does not show up. There is only one account on my device and there...
  4. usb devices power lost when plug 3 devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb devices power lost when plug 3 devices: before the problem, i can plug up to 3 devices except a dead usb 2.0 portbut for today, the problem is started to appearif i plug 3 devices then 2 devices will lost power2 devices will lost power:usb 2.0 webcamwired mouse these are all plugged devices included pcieusb 2.0...
  5. usb devices power lost when plug 3 devices

usb devices power lost when plug 3 devices: before the problem, i can plug up to 3 devices except a dead usb 2.0 portbut for today, the problem is started to appearif i plug 3 devices then 2 devices will lost power2 devices will lost power:usb 2.0 webcamwired mouse these are all plugged devices included pcieusb 2.0...
  6. How do I find my lost device if it does not have a phone number and its Location service is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I find my lost device if it does not have a phone number and its Location service is...: A random person just took my device and ran away when i just told him to return it, but I did not have a phone number and I forgot to enable location service so when I was searching for so long I did not find any way to find it but also find my device is not searching my...
  7. How do I find my lost device if it does not have a phone number and its Location service is...

How do I find my lost device if it does not have a phone number and its Location service is...: A random person just took my device and ran away when i just told him to return it, but I did not have a phone number and I forgot to enable location service so when I was searching for so long I did not find any way to find it but also find my device is not searching my...
  8. lost my router password. Now I need to add a new device. Help!

lost my router password. Now I need to add a new device. Help!: Someone else set up my router connection. now I need to add another device. How do I find my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-router-password-now-i-need-to-add-a-new/e4057ba4-04c0-4f4b-8945-4dfad3394e65
  9. lost my router password. Now I need to add a new device. Help!

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost my router password. Now I need to add a new device. Help!: Someone else set up my router connection. now I need to add another device. How do I find my password? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-my-router-password-now-i-need-to-add-a-new/e4057ba4-04c0-4f4b-8945-4dfad3394e65
  10. lost my router password. Now I need to add a new device. Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming