Windows 10: Lost digital product and activation (Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Lost digital product and activation (Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was on Free upgrade of Windows 10 Pro. My compute crashed and I lost all information on my PC as I had to format the hard drive. Now I cannot reload... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by J.S.M.Sekokotla, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Lost digital product and activation (Windows 10 Pro

I was on Free upgrade of Windows 10 Pro. My compute crashed and I lost all information on my PC as I had to format the hard drive. Now I cannot reload Windows 10 Pro because I don't have product and activation key. I downloaded Windows 10 Pro from Microsoft website with the running this beautiful system. It needs product key. What do I do

:)

J.S.M.Sekokotla, Jun 16, 2019

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Jun 16, 2019
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    How to find the product key for my Windows 10 pro

Hi,

Once you upgraded to a higher version of Windows 10, you will have a digital entitlement that let's you upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Window Pro.

Below are the scenarios and series of troubleshooting steps you can do to activate your Windows 10 Pro:

• If your new device is currently running on Windows 10 Home, select
      Go to Microsoft Store and you'll be prompted to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for free.
    • If you have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, but Windows 10 Home isn't activated on your device, select
      Troubleshoot, and then follow the steps to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro.
    • If you don't have a digital license for Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Pro is available for purchase from the Microsoft Store.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marie Ave, Jun 16, 2019
  4. Lost digital product and activation (Windows 10 Pro

Lost Windows 10 product key/malware detected

Sounds like Ransomware/Identity Theft to me.

The free Windows 10 does not come with a Product Key.

Activation in Windows 10

•  Email
    •  Print

Activation helps verify that your copy of Windows is genuine and hasn’t been used on more devices than the Microsoft Software License Terms allow. Depending on how you got your copy of Windows 10, activation will use either a digital license or a
    25-character product key.

Digital license (called a digital entitlement in Windows 10 Version 1511) is a method of activation in Windows 10 that doesn't require you to enter a product key.

How you got Windows 10
    Activation method

You upgraded to Windows 10 for free from an eligible device running a genuine copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
    Digital license

I would suggest he use "Factory Reset/Install" to clean out the Trojan/Ransomware and then reinstall Windows. In the end this will be quicker than all these other processes.

CassMorrison_2735, Jun 16, 2019
Thema:

Lost digital product and activation (Windows 10 Pro

1. Lost digital product and activation (Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Lost digital product

2. Windows 10 Pro Activated with Digital License

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro Activated with Digital License: Hi, I am using PC with genuine Windows 7 Pro. I have change the HDD of the PC to SSD and reactivate the windows to Windows 10 Pro using the installer that I download from windows installation media tool- https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/software-download/windows10 . I click I...
  3. Lost windows 10 pro product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost windows 10 pro product key: Hi thereRecently , I need to reinstall windows 10 pro but I lost the product key after upgrading from home version to pro which bought on 19/10/2021.my order number is 4539838397 .Hope that I do not have to pay again.Thanks...
  4. Lost windows 10 pro product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost windows 10 pro product key: Hi thereRecently , I need to reinstall windows 10 pro but I lost the product key after upgrading from home version to pro which bought on 19/10/2021.my order number is 4539838397 .Hope that I do not have to pay again.Thanks...
  5. Lost windows 10 pro product key

6. Digital Activation of the Wrong Product

Digital Activation of the Wrong Product: I recently bought an SSD upgrade for a laptop that came with Windows 10 Home edition. Using the original OS, I created an ISO and burned it to disc to install on the new drive, but once the installation was complete it activated the Home Single Language edition instead of...
  7. Lost my Digital Copy of Windows 10 Pro

Lost my Digital Copy of Windows 10 Pro: I purchased a Windows 10 Pro about a year and a half ago and today the watermark"Activate Windows" on my desktop started showing. Logged into my Microsoft account and under subscriptions and services my Windows purchase was no longer there. Anybody else having this issue?...
  8. Factory reset - lost digital license or product key for Windows 10 Pro

Factory reset - lost digital license or product key for Windows 10 Pro: My computer was reset to factory settings. I now get a message stating I don't have a valid digital license or product key. Does this information reside on the computer somewhere?...
  9. Lost my digital windows 10 enterprise product key

Lost my digital windows 10 enterprise product key: I bought a laptop (lenovo ideapad 310) from someone and I used it for 2 years with a genuine windows installed in it. Few months ago, I reinstalled my windows due to some viral problem, and now I can't get it activated since I don't have digital product key. Furthermore, I...
  10. Windows 10 pro activation lost

Windows 10 pro activation lost: One year ago I bought an Asus Notebook with preinstalled Windows 10 Home which I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro (upgrade bought in the Microsoft store). The activation of Windows 10 Pro worked with no problems. After one year without any problems I now get the message "Activate...