Windows 10: Lost Disc partition.

Discus and support Lost Disc partition. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have windows 10 Home. My disk partition D is missing. I tried to recover it multiple times. After I recover it, I can see that partition But once my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Charchil007, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Lost Disc partition.

I have windows 10 Home. My disk partition D is missing. I tried to recover it multiple times. After I recover it, I can see that partition But once my laptop is restarted I am losing my partition again. I am not able to find it in even disk management as well. How can I find a permanent solution for this? Thanks for the help in advance.

:)

Charchil007, Sep 4, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 4, 2020
  3. RyoTakagi Win User
    Lost recovery partition

Hello, I see that you are having issues with recovery partition. I would suggest you using the diskpart command in the command prompt. First, open up the comand prompt as an administrator, then type in diskpart. Now, type in list disk, and look for the
    recovery partition drive. Follow the steps in the link below:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-clean-and-fo...

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions! Lost Disc partition. :)

RyoTakagi, Sep 4, 2020
  4. Lost Disc partition.

Lost recovery partition

Hi Mike

I´m an Independant Advisor

While I´m reading the information you probably by mistake erase your main partition instead of the external drive.

This happened to me, and when I get noticed of this It was too late.

I tried to recover information of this drive, with some program that supose to recover info in this cases.

I put some step to do before use a recover partition software

" How to recover deleted partition using cmd?

In some cases, we can undo Diskpart clean command in order to undelete partition. But, this method does not work on all partition loss issue. If this method cannot get back your lost partition, you should go to Method 2 and Method 3 to recover data.

Step 1 Open Disk Management to view which partition is lost.

You can access Disk Management by right-clicking Start menu and click Disk Management. If a partition is deleted, the disk space will be marked as Unallocated. Remember the partition size.

Step 2 Open Command Prompt as administration and type Diskpart in the window and press Enter key.

Step 3 Type command list disk and press Enter key so that you can see all storage devices on the computer.

Step 4 Type command select disk # and press Enter. Replace # with the number of the hard drive that needs recovering lost partition.

Step 5 Type assign letter=G and press Enter (G is a drive letter chosen randomly).

Step 6 Close Command Prompt when you see "Diskpart successfully assigned the drive letter or mount point".

Note: if you are not familiar with diskpart commands, do not try any commands without fully knowing its function. Some commands such as "clean" delete all partitions and data on selected disk.

If the problem continue please try with the next link that may help you to recover your lost partition.

http://www.eassos.com/how-to/how-to-recover-del...

I hope this can help you. Warning The software that you can download is free but it is limited until you pay for it

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it

Let me know if this help you

Saludos

Rolando Rosales, Sep 4, 2020
Thema:

Lost Disc partition.

1. Lost Disc partition. - Similar Threads - Lost Disc partition

2. Disc Partition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disc Partition: Hi I am extremely confused by disc partitions - new PC.Windows 11 Home installed - I have literally hardly any space on C drive and need to utilise D drive or my external hard drive? Please can anyone advise me on how extend C drive in simple terms. I have moved what I can...
  3. Disc Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disc Partition: Hi I am extremely confused by disc partitions - new PC.Windows 11 Home installed - I have literally hardly any space on C drive and need to utilise D drive or my external hard drive? Please can anyone advise me on how extend C drive in simple terms. I have moved what I can...
  4. Disc Partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. lost partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost partition: Using Wondershare Recoverit: While scanning lost partition no file is detected, and "trying to skip bad sectors" frequently appears. What should I do? OS NameMicrosoft Windows 10 Pro Version10.0.19041 Build 19041 175185
  6. Recovering a Lost Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovering a Lost Partition: Hi all, I am hoping you can help me with the following issue relating to partitions in Windows 10: I recently had the need to create a recovery drive using Windows 10. When I read the instructions on this, they stated that when I initiated the recovery drive process,...
  7. Partitions lost?

Partitions lost?: This happened suddenly. When i started my laptop, i noticed some of the shortcuts not showing any icon. Then i went to This PC and noticed that I've lost all two partitions except the C drive. I tried to find a solution but didn't find any. Disk Management doesn't show it...
  8. lost partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost partition: This has happened twice now and I'm very confused. I have a HDD and have partitions- "C" and "F" The "F" partition is what I'm having problems with. A few months ago I got a windows update and as a normal person I just updated this over night (This was a large update, not...
  9. Lost a Partition

Lost a Partition: Hi on one of my W10 Pro PC's I have a 1TB HDD attached by USB, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to create a 500GB partition and when it was finished I expected it to show the Partition and some un-allocated space but only the 500GB partition is showing in Explorer, Disk...
  10. Lost a Partition

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lost a Partition: Hi on one of my W10 Pro PC's I have a 1TB HDD attached by USB, I used AOMEI Partition Assistant to create a 500GB partition and when it was finished I expected it to show the Partition and some un-allocated space but only the 500GB partition is showing in Explorer, Disk...