Windows 10: Lost display since I replaced standard graphics driver in Windows 10

Discus and support Lost display since I replaced standard graphics driver in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I have lost my display on my laptop screen since I replaced the standard Microsoft display adapter driver with an AMD driver. Is there an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by NinthSultan, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Lost display since I replaced standard graphics driver in Windows 10

Hi,

I have lost my display on my laptop screen since I replaced the standard Microsoft display adapter driver with an AMD driver.

Is there an easy way to restore the standard graphics driver so that at least I can see Windows?

The windows still boots, however I cant see anything on the screen. I know this since it accepts my login and password and logs in. I have tried to "blind-foldedly" navigate to the Device Manager window, by switching on Narrator and random clicks. It hasnt helped much *Sad

My monitor screen is OK since the laptop boot-up screen works as normal.

The last thing I did wrong was to replace the graphics driver and now I am stuck with the above issue.

Can anyone please help?

Kind regards,
    NS

:)

NinthSultan, Jul 13, 2017
  2. DonHD Win User

Windows 10 Start Menu, Cortana, Edge and Store not working but trying to start!

I finally found the problem by accident and the fix was easy. It was that I had a graphics driver that was not compatible with Windows 10. This was due I believe to fact that Windows 10 did not replace my graphics driver when I updated to Windows 10.
    So what I did (by accident) was delete the graphics driver under the Device Manager's Display adapter section and my computer defaulted to a standard Window 10 interface (like under the safe mode). Then upon reboot, Windows 10 updated my graphics driver to
    a compatible Windows 10 driver and everything worked on Windows 10 apps. It was a real surprise to me that Windows 10 was smart enough to fix the problem after I removed the graphics driver. Other users having this problem should look into the graphics driver
    since it is the display interface software for Window 10 apps. All my Windows 7 programs continued to work under the old graphics driver and work under the new graphics driver. I hope this helps.

DonHD, Jul 13, 2017
  3. saberman3 Win User
    How To Force The Windows 10 Compatibility Test To Run Again?

The last time the Windows 10 compatibility test was run on my machine was 12/10/2015. It reported a problem with the graphics driver. I have since replace the graphics driver but the report has not run since 12/10/2015. How do I force it to run to see
    if the new graphics driver fixed the problem?

saberman3, Jul 13, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Lost display since I replaced standard graphics driver in Windows 10

Try booting from a Windows install disk, and via 'Repair your computer' start System Restore.

However, System Restore isn't so reliable and there have been certain problems.

If you followed the frequent strong recommendations here to use disk imaging, you could restore your system from a disk image.

You might also be able to access Safe Mode if you can imagine navigating the prompts (e.g. SHIFT + left click Restart). That should give you a screen display. You may then be able to uninstall or disable the driver in Safe Mode.

dalchina, Jul 13, 2017
  5. If you have a spare monitor, or one you can borrow, plug that into the external port. You might get lucky and get a usable working display. then see if you can fix things.

alphanumeric, Jul 14, 2017
  6. bobkn Win User
    Do you get any kind of POST (power on self test) display?

If not, your problem may be worse than drivers.

bobkn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Lost display since I replaced standard graphics driver in Windows 10

1. Lost display since I replaced standard graphics driver in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Lost display since

2. Windows 10 Update Replaced AMD Graphics Driver Daily Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Update Replaced AMD Graphics Driver Daily Issue: I have an issue with Windows Update keeps replacing my AMD graphics driver in daily ocurrance. I have done the ways to stop Windows Update, to set Pause updates for 35 days, I also use Device Manager to change the registry so the Update will stop updating my drivers...
  3. Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers: Hello, ever since I updated my drivers on 10/25/22 I have had multiple display crashes where I can still hear audio, and that will eventually crash as well. To my knowledge this is the first instance of this happening.DescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  4. Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers: Hello, ever since I updated my drivers on 10/25/22 I have had multiple display crashes where I can still hear audio, and that will eventually crash as well. To my knowledge this is the first instance of this happening.DescriptionFaulting Application Path:...
  5. Display Crashes since updating graphics drivers

6. Windows EFI-Partition standard graphics driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows EFI-Partition standard graphics driver: Hello there, my teacher and me talked about the EFI-Partition. He told me that the Bitmap-file which lies on the EFI-Partition is for the UEFI. But I can't belive that because i thought the UEFI is strictly independent from every hard-drive on the system. My questions:...
  7. No display after updating graphics drivers (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No display after updating graphics drivers (Windows 10): So recently one of my friends was having computer issues, his CPU and RAM Usage was at 100% constantly, at bootup, and was still at 100% even after waiting 30+ min with nothing running. He attempted to update his GPU drivers, and after doing so he is getting no display at...
  8. Display Issues (Graphics Drivers?)

Display Issues (Graphics Drivers?): My Dell Inspiron Laptop, with Windows 10, suddenly seems to have a huge display / graphics driver problem. Everything was working fine yesterday, but today I started my laptop, only to find many problems: 1. I cannot adjust the brightness with the buttons on my keyboard 2....
  9. Compatible display graphics drivers

Compatible display graphics drivers: I am not satisfied with the display performance of my Lenovo laptop (ThinkPad series model X131e) coupled with the recent start-up and auto repair failure. And I tried to update the display graphics drivers but it's different from the one in Lenovo's website. I've also...
  10. Display Driver/Graphics Card issues since last update [build 17134.167]

Display Driver/Graphics Card issues since last update [build 17134.167]: After Windows installed the latest update, the image displayed started flickering when running programs that use the GPU, such as games and Chrome. The GPU is not overheating and it has been in the same system for three years without issues before this latest update. More...