Windows 10: Lost document from Microsoft Word

Discus and support Lost document from Microsoft Word in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Last week I wrote up an important document and *thought* I uploaded it onto a website. I cannot find any place that it was saved and it does not appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kabella, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Kabella Win User

Lost document from Microsoft Word

Last week I wrote up an important document and *thought* I uploaded it onto a website. I cannot find any place that it was saved and it does not appear in the "recent" documents tab on the left hand side of Word. Can anyone help me recover the lost document in Word?

Thank you!!

:)

Kabella, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Nath Bea Win User

Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Lost Word document

What do you mean by the 'recent list of Microsoft Word'? Is that the same as Documents?

SusanForster1, Jul 13, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Lost document from Microsoft Word - Similar Threads - Lost document Microsoft

2. lost word document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost word document: I was typing in Microsoft word and lost my document that was not saved yet. can you please help me find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-word-document/067ec045-f627-4f62-9692-58c11bfa70f5
  3. lost word document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost word document: I was typing in Microsoft word and lost my document that was not saved yet. can you please help me find it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-word-document/067ec045-f627-4f62-9692-58c11bfa70f5
  4. Print Documents in Microsoft Word...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Documents in Microsoft Word...: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-start/put-it-in-your-canon-printer-software-cd-disc-and/de1d62bc-0e4d-4ef1-99a6-3635b1f0d44c?lc=16393 School Bag All Unboxing Software Disc for School Bag Unboxing First Impressions...
  5. Lost word document

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost word document: Hello, I lost my final assignment document that was saved on my desktop, cause I deleted it permanently by mistake, right now I’m using a software called easeUS and trying to recover it, so far I have not got any documents, is there any way to recover it, please help! Thank...
  6. Lost word document

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost word document: I saved a word document with notes for my dissertation several months ago and have since opened it several times, i would open it by accessing recent world documents as shown below. I am not 100% sure i saved it on to onedrive, however I know it was saved and i could access...
  7. Lost Word document

Lost Word document: I spent 3 grueling hours last night working on sections of a report. I know I saved it. Now it's not on the flashdrive and I can't recover it from the computer/word file. I had to upgrade, upload Windows --whatever yesterday. My printer hasn't been working with WORD docs...
  8. Lost old Word documents

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Lost old Word documents: I lost a lot of my old MSWord documents and i can find no trace of them. Is there a way I could get them back.? My OS is Windows 10 129333
  9. Lost old Word documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost old Word documents: I lost a lot of my old MSWord documents and i can find no trace of them. Is there a way I could get them back.? My OS is Windows 10 129333
  10. Lost word document changes

Lost word document changes: Lost file after ‘save as’ Ive lost a file that i opened and had been adding a lot of text to today. I was relying on auto save but not actually pressing save until i finished it and then tried to save it as a new title ‘save as’. Closed the file so that i could email it and...