Windows 10: Lost documents after Windows update.

Discus and support Lost documents after Windows update. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I recover my documents folder deleted by recent Windows 10 update. I am desperately looking for help with this. I have looked in the suggested... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mjkoval, Apr 28, 2019.

1. mjkoval Win User

Lost documents after Windows update.

How can I recover my documents folder deleted by recent Windows 10 update. I am desperately looking for help with this. I have looked in the suggested folders etc., but no luck. My pictures are there but the documents folder is GONE. Please help. Very important documents have been deleted.

***Modified Title from: Windows 10 Update deleted all of My Dicuments***

:)

mjkoval, Apr 28, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

I lost my documents after the windows 10 upgraded, which seems that it roll back to the previous version months ago.

Hi,

It is possible that you're unable to find your documents because it was hidden or move where they are saved before after the update. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you able to backup your files before the update?
    • Does your OneDrive files sync to your computer before update?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to find lost files after the
    update to Windows 10. You can expand each section and perform the instructions.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Apr 28, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Lost documents after Windows update. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Lost documents after Windows update.

My Documents files lost

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 I have lost all the files in My documents. I had some folders in My Documents which are now in Documents but all files are gone. searching doesn't work. Any suggestions please?

Lex Wilson, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Lost documents after Windows update.

1. Lost documents after Windows update. - Similar Threads - Lost documents update

2. Unnamed Document Lost After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unnamed Document Lost After Windows 10 Update: This is on Windows 10 64-Bit and Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016. Yesterday I left my PC up to leave the apartment. When I came back Windows was updating. When it came back up, my Firefox tabs were still open; but a Word document I started but did not name did not....
  3. Unnamed Document Lost After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unnamed Document Lost After Windows 10 Update: This is on Windows 10 64-Bit and Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016. Yesterday I left my PC up to leave the apartment. When I came back Windows was updating. When it came back up, my Firefox tabs were still open; but a Word document I started but did not name did not....
  4. All emails and documents lost after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All emails and documents lost after windows 10 update: HelloLast friday, when shutting down the pc, it asked if i want to update, then shut down.Now when i switch pc on, all my word documents are missing, and outlook tab on taskbar is missing.It is asking me to setup up email account again.Why is this happening and how can i get...
  5. All emails and documents lost after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All emails and documents lost after windows 10 update: HelloLast friday, when shutting down the pc, it asked if i want to update, then shut down.Now when i switch pc on, all my word documents are missing, and outlook tab on taskbar is missing.It is asking me to setup up email account again.Why is this happening and how can i get...
  6. Lost document after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost document after Windows 10 update: Hi, guys I really need some help. I was writing a document on Mord (Windows 10) and I left to go somewhere for a while. I noticed before I left that I had a Windows update pending (2004) but decided that I would come back and take care of it. I came back and my laptop was...
  7. lost Word document after updating in Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    lost Word document after updating in Windows 10!: Help! So we did the latest Windows update in Windows 10, and a super-important Word document somehow disappeared, it seems... We searched for the file of course in all of C:, and it shows up in "Recent" and "Recent Items," but attempting to open it gets the "shortcut can't...
  8. Lost document update after last upgrade

Lost document update after last upgrade: I was working on a word document when I got the notification for update windows. I hit update later and continued to work on the document. After a few hours, I saved the document (to my desktop where it has been since it was created a couple of weeks ago). Then updated...
  9. Document Lost after update

Document Lost after update: Good Afternoon Excuse my English, I am Afrikaans. I need urgent help. I am a teacher who updated my windows last week. Since I updated some of my documents have just disappeared out of some of my folders. It is documents that I urgently need back. When I go to WORD and...
  10. Lost all my documents after an update

Lost all my documents after an update: I was with tech support yesterday and he did an update to fix my problems, which didn't work, and I lost all my documents. I did a "restore to earlier date" and they are still missing. How do I get them back?...