Windows 10: lost documents, photographs, everything

Discus and support lost documents, photographs, everything in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After your update last night, my files are empty. Where are my documents? Where are my Photographs? I've been through every file listed and most of all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MARY BANKS, May 8, 2020.

1. lost documents, photographs, everything

After your update last night, my files are empty. Where are my documents? Where are my Photographs? I've been through every file listed and most of all my stored information is gone. My printer won't work, although it's down as my default. The only thing working is my Outlook. Everything else is kaput.

:)

MARY BANKS, May 8, 2020

2. missing documents and photographs after update

After the recent update on September 2016 I no longer can get to my documents or photographs. Plus the folders have a green checkmark on them. I have tried to restore to before the update and I still have the same thing.

Any suggestions or ideas?

soapbox(2), May 8, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to find photographs in OneDrive

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to see the Photographs that are uploaded in OneDrive. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to find the files:

1. Login to
      https://onedirve.live.com
      with your Microsoft account.
    2. Check for the folders or files that are uploaded.

If you are unable to find the photographs, I suggest you to get in touch with the OneDrive support team.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘?’ help icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 8, 2020
  4. lost documents, photographs, everything

Lost documents after Windows update.

Here are two suggestions:

• Have a look in the folder C:\Windows.old\Users\MjKoval\Documents.
    Implement a robust backup scheme. If you have very important documents then they must be stored on two independent media.
    Do not wait until they are lost.

Frederik Long, May 8, 2020
Thema:

lost documents, photographs, everything

1. lost documents, photographs, everything - Similar Threads - lost documents photographs

2. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost everything: Restarted my computer and it wiped out everything is there anyway to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-everything/b99b4f59-196a-4216-955b-69e1750bf039
  3. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost everything: Restarted my computer and it wiped out everything is there anyway to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-everything/b99b4f59-196a-4216-955b-69e1750bf039
  4. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lost everything: Hey there, am hoping for some help, I realize this is probably an impossible ask, but nevertheless here I am. About a 2 months ago, my wife’s computer went into an endless loop of ‘diagnosing pc’. After numerous phone calls with Microsoft and endless troubleshooting attempts...
  5. Lost everything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost everything: I turned on my computer and it automatically updated my browser from Edge to Chromium Edge. It deleted all of my favorites and saved passwords to important websites that I visit often. How do I get them back?...
  6. I have lost a photograph.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have lost a photograph.: I use Windows 10 and a day ago I thought I should tidy up photographs that were filling up my computer screen taken with my Samsung J6 Smart Phone to Pictures that are kept in File Explorer. I know that one of those lose individual photographs was that of a Stately Home and...
  7. Lost everything in Desktop and Documents folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost everything in Desktop and Documents folder: I had been using Windows 10 at home with a local account after the PC was updated from Windows 7. Everything was fine even after I changed the account to a newly applied Microsoft account. However, all the files under Desktop and Documents were gone after a major Windows...
  8. photographs

in Windows 10 Customization
    photographs: How to get photo from camera to computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/photographs/6864ad60-24d9-4bfc-a3ae-69872d488f41
  9. Photographs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photographs: How do I get photo's from camera to My pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/photographs/98234ec7-45be-450c-9fa2-537eeac65880
  10. lost everything

in Windows 10 Support
    lost everything: Turned pc on and bang lost everything.win ten was asking for me to buy. security license said expired. 10 manager said buy. what the heck happened? 4912