Windows 10: Lost Documents

Discus and support Lost Documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have lost my Documents and files after an update in windows 10, can't find them anywhere in the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BarbaraSlater2, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Lost Documents

I have lost my Documents and files after an update in windows 10, can't find them anywhere in the computer

:)

BarbaraSlater2, Mar 19, 2019
  2. jl2509 Win User

Lost facility on Documents screen

Hi

Change the settings in folder options to show the quick access menu. I assume this is what you mean?
    Post back if not

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Tap on View and click on Options.
    • Change the option Open File Explorer to: from "This PC" to "Quick Access"

Lost Documents [​IMG]

jl2509, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Lost text

Hi Martha,

There are a lot of possible factor for a text or a
    word document to be lost. To isolate the issue, I have some questions for you:

• What application did you use to create the text document?

• Were there any changes made before the text was lost?

• Were there any recent application installed?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Lost Documents

Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

Lost Documents

1. Lost Documents - Similar Threads - Lost Documents

2. I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER: I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER, HOW TO FIND THE FILE I SEND FOR PRINTING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-loste-my-document-i-send-to-printer/72601ca4-898f-4f9f-a0f6-56253c1f6b01
  3. I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER: I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER, HOW TO FIND THE FILE I SEND FOR PRINTING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-loste-my-document-i-send-to-printer/72601ca4-898f-4f9f-a0f6-56253c1f6b01
  4. During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...: During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my local Desktop files and i see the old desktop saved on OneDrive, when i unlink the OneDrive my Desktop folder not showing either on Users/xxxx/Desktop or Users/xxxx/OneDrive/Desktop ,...
  5. During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...

During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...: During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my local Desktop files and i see the old desktop saved on OneDrive, when i unlink the OneDrive my Desktop folder not showing either on Users/xxxx/Desktop or Users/xxxx/OneDrive/Desktop ,...
  6. Unnamed Document Lost After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unnamed Document Lost After Windows 10 Update: This is on Windows 10 64-Bit and Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016. Yesterday I left my PC up to leave the apartment. When I came back Windows was updating. When it came back up, my Firefox tabs were still open; but a Word document I started but did not name did not....
  7. Unnamed Document Lost After Windows 10 Update

Unnamed Document Lost After Windows 10 Update: This is on Windows 10 64-Bit and Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016. Yesterday I left my PC up to leave the apartment. When I came back Windows was updating. When it came back up, my Firefox tabs were still open; but a Word document I started but did not name did not....
  8. Windows 10 has auto upgraded to version 22H2. Now I have lost all my documents and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 has auto upgraded to version 22H2. Now I have lost all my documents and...: Windows 10 has automatically upgraded to version 22H2, but it has deleted all my documents and pictures, plus some apps., including Word and Excel programs. In other words a disaster! Can anyone suggest how I might get these back, please? Thanks....
  9. Windows 10 has auto upgraded to version 22H2. Now I have lost all my documents and...

Windows 10 has auto upgraded to version 22H2. Now I have lost all my documents and...: Windows 10 has automatically upgraded to version 22H2, but it has deleted all my documents and pictures, plus some apps., including Word and Excel programs. In other words a disaster! Can anyone suggest how I might get these back, please? Thanks....
  10. Windows 10 has auto upgraded to version 22H2. Now I have lost all my documents and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade