Windows 10: Lost documents

Discus and support Lost documents in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can't find document anywhere. In middle of working on a 7 page document a Microsoft notice popped up on OneNote asking for my password. I gave it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JDesq, Jan 4, 2020.

1. JDesq Win User

Lost documents

Can't find document anywhere. In middle of working on a 7 page document a Microsoft notice popped up on OneNote asking for my password. I gave it and tried to go back to my document. Only 4 paragraphs of the 7 pages were there. I had been saving after every page and now can't find anything more than the 4 paragraphs.

Any suggestions?

:)

JDesq, Jan 4, 2020

2. Lost documents after Windows update.

Here are two suggestions:

• Have a look in the folder C:\Windows.old\Users\MjKoval\Documents.
    Implement a robust backup scheme. If you have very important documents then they must be stored on two independent media.
    Do not wait until they are lost.

Frederik Long, Jan 4, 2020
  3. jl2509 Win User
    Lost facility on Documents screen

Hi

Change the settings in folder options to show the quick access menu. I assume this is what you mean?
    Post back if not

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Tap on View and click on Options.
    • Change the option Open File Explorer to: from "This PC" to "Quick Access"

Lost documents [​IMG]

jl2509, Jan 4, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Lost documents

Lost text

Hi Martha,

There are a lot of possible factor for a text or a
    word document to be lost. To isolate the issue, I have some questions for you:

• What application did you use to create the text document?

• Were there any changes made before the text was lost?

• Were there any recent application installed?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 4, 2020
Thema:

Lost documents

1. Lost documents - Similar Threads - Lost documents

2. I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER: I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER, HOW TO FIND THE FILE I SEND FOR PRINTING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-loste-my-document-i-send-to-printer/72601ca4-898f-4f9f-a0f6-56253c1f6b01
  3. I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER: I LOSTE MY DOCUMENT I SEND TO PRINTER, HOW TO FIND THE FILE I SEND FOR PRINTING https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-loste-my-document-i-send-to-printer/72601ca4-898f-4f9f-a0f6-56253c1f6b01
  4. During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...: During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my local Desktop files and i see the old desktop saved on OneDrive, when i unlink the OneDrive my Desktop folder not showing either on Users/xxxx/Desktop or Users/xxxx/OneDrive/Desktop ,...
  5. During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...

During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my...: During reconnect my OneDrive back to my PC and backup the Desktop and Documents i lost my local Desktop files and i see the old desktop saved on OneDrive, when i unlink the OneDrive my Desktop folder not showing either on Users/xxxx/Desktop or Users/xxxx/OneDrive/Desktop ,...
  6. Unnamed Document Lost After Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unnamed Document Lost After Windows 10 Update: This is on Windows 10 64-Bit and Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016. Yesterday I left my PC up to leave the apartment. When I came back Windows was updating. When it came back up, my Firefox tabs were still open; but a Word document I started but did not name did not....
  7. Unnamed Document Lost After Windows 10 Update

Unnamed Document Lost After Windows 10 Update: This is on Windows 10 64-Bit and Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016. Yesterday I left my PC up to leave the apartment. When I came back Windows was updating. When it came back up, my Firefox tabs were still open; but a Word document I started but did not name did not....
  8. Windows 10 has auto upgraded to version 22H2. Now I have lost all my documents and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 has auto upgraded to version 22H2. Now I have lost all my documents and...: Windows 10 has automatically upgraded to version 22H2, but it has deleted all my documents and pictures, plus some apps., including Word and Excel programs. In other words a disaster! Can anyone suggest how I might get these back, please? Thanks....
  9. Windows 10 has auto upgraded to version 22H2. Now I have lost all my documents and...

Windows 10 has auto upgraded to version 22H2. Now I have lost all my documents and...: Windows 10 has automatically upgraded to version 22H2, but it has deleted all my documents and pictures, plus some apps., including Word and Excel programs. In other words a disaster! Can anyone suggest how I might get these back, please? Thanks....
  10. Windows 10 has auto upgraded to version 22H2. Now I have lost all my documents and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade