Windows 10: Lost .docx document

Discus and support Lost .docx document in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My son is using office.com under teams to do school assignments as set up by the school. Tonight he was working on an ELA assignment. He thought he was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CindyGatgens, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Lost .docx document

My son is using office.com under teams to do school assignments as set up by the school. Tonight he was working on an ELA assignment. He thought he was saving it to submit. I remember a message asking him to sign back into Microsoft. The document is nowhere to be found. I have done searches on my computer and in word. It showed an Internet Explorer link but when you click on it an error message 404 NOT FOUND comes up. He worked on it a long time. Does he have to totally redo the entire document?

:)

CindyGatgens, Apr 29, 2020

2. DOCX Document is Not Displaying Properly

Hi, my professor has Word 2016 and I have WPS Writer. I recently sent in a document that I made in WPS Writer and my teacher got it and displayed it in Word 2016. Anyway, the document is not displaying properly for her and as a result I lost some points.
    I recently got the opportunity to resubmit it. What can I do to ensure the document displays like it should? Should I make it read only, should I take a screenshot of it then paste the image into the word program and then save it as docx? Bare in mind I cannot
    get Word 2016 right now, and my professor had told me she will only accept docx documents and she will only use Word 2016. Do you have any suggestions?

Heather R. 1994, Apr 29, 2020
  3. Microsoft Wordpad Missing Docx Save Type

Hi Mark,

Updated WordPad versions cannot save files in .doc or .docx format anymore, unlike the previous versions. For us to convert the .txt file to .docx format, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Right-click on the .txt file. Select Open with, and then click on
      Choose another app.
    • How do you want to open this file? window will pop up. If you can't see the
      Word app from the list of options, click on More apps, and the select
      Word.
    • The document will now open in Word app. Click on File tab.
    • On the left pane, select Save As.
    • On the right pane, select Word Document (*.docx) from the drop down box.
    • Click on Save button.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve your concern.

Janeane Cru, Apr 29, 2020
  4. Randy_68 Win User

Lost .docx document

File extension *.docx

I already did all the steps you suggested but MS Office 2013 ignored my change and defaulted to *.docx. Is there some other solution?

Randy_68, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

Lost .docx document

1. Lost .docx document - Similar Threads - Lost docx document

2. Lost document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost document: Can't find a document that I just moved to a different folder. How do I undo the move?*Moved from Teams. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-document/70757f71-3502-493f-8b7c-c657655ed52f
  3. docx documents unreadable content

in Windows 10 Gaming
    docx documents unreadable content: Hi, Many of my docx documents were still readable in June this year. But they suddenly became unreadable today. When I tried to open them with Word, I saw this message: Word found unreadable content in [name].docx. Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you...
  4. docx documents unreadable content

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    docx documents unreadable content: Hi, Many of my docx documents were still readable in June this year. But they suddenly became unreadable today. When I tried to open them with Word, I saw this message: Word found unreadable content in [name].docx. Do you want to recover the contents of this document? If you...
  5. LOST DOCUMENT

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    LOST DOCUMENT: Hi, guys I really need some help. I was writing a document on Mord (Windows 10) and I left to go somewhere for a while. I noticed before I left that I had a Windows update pending (2004) but decided that I would come back and take care of it. I came back and my laptop was...
  6. Lost documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost documents: Can't find document anywhere. In middle of working on a 7 page document a Microsoft notice popped up on OneNote asking for my password. I gave it and tried to go back to my document. Only 4 paragraphs of the 7 pages were there. I had been saving after every page...
  7. Lost DocX option in Word 2010

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Lost DocX option in Word 2010: Having problems with Documents folder and One Drive, (on other threads). This morning went to write and then save a file in Word 2010, only to find 'no files matching etc.' in the folder/file that I required. Went to see if I was looking at the wrong Doc. type and the...
  8. Lost DocX option in Word 2010

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost DocX option in Word 2010: Having problems with Documents folder and One Drive, (on other threads). This morning went to write and then save a file in Word 2010, only to find 'no files matching etc.' in the folder/file that I required. Went to see if I was looking at the wrong Doc. type and the...
  9. DOCX Document is Not Displaying Properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DOCX Document is Not Displaying Properly: Hi, my professor has Word 2016 and I have WPS Writer. I recently sent in a document that I made in WPS Writer and my teacher got it and displayed it in Word 2016. Anyway, the document is not displaying properly for her and as a result I lost some points. I recently got the...
  10. how to search keywords inside a docx document??

in Windows 10 Support
    how to search keywords inside a docx document??: I mean. I have many many docx documents under a directory. I can remember there is one keywords in the lines of the document, but I don't know which document it is. And the filename does not contain the keyword. How can I find out which document it is among many docx files...