Windows 10: Lost drive space

Discus and support Lost drive space in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys! I've just installed windows 10 on my dad's PC. He had used before windows 7 and then reinstalled another windows 7 besides it. Anyways, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/scylla28, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Lost drive space

Hi guys! I've just installed windows 10 on my dad's PC. He had used before windows 7 and then reinstalled another windows 7 besides it. Anyways, I decided to delete everything and install windows 10. When I got to the part with cleaning the partition I have deleted everything and from the unalocated space i made 3 partitions including the system's one. In total i have now about 250GB but i am pretty sure that before i had much more space available. I have to mention that there were 4 partitions at first (again including the system's one). Is it possible to happen this? How can i get back my lost space, or at least. How can I check if i have indeed lost space. I hopd someone can help me, tyvm!

submitted by /u/scylla28
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/scylla28, Mar 28, 2020

2. Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (CLost drive space :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Lost drive space

Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Lost drive space

1. Lost drive space - Similar Threads - Lost drive space

2. C Drive, lost Space, partitions, please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive, lost Space, partitions, please help.: I seem to have messed up my CDrive somehow, I seem to have partitions that have divided up my cdrive space and now has left me very short of download space. is there anyway to get my space back to normal possibly all my space in one place as shown in the photos below, there...
  3. C Drive, lost Space, partitions, please help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C Drive, lost Space, partitions, please help.: I seem to have messed up my CDrive somehow, I seem to have partitions that have divided up my cdrive space and now has left me very short of download space. is there anyway to get my space back to normal possibly all my space in one place as shown in the photos below, there...
  4. Lost Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost Unallocated Space: Hi!I own an ASUS ROG laptop with a little feature they call Keystone. Basically, one of the many things it does is create a virtual disk drive using a percentage of storage from your original disk drive. I made a little mess with its feature and somehow managed to put a rough...
  5. Lost Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost Unallocated Space: Hi!I own an ASUS ROG laptop with a little feature they call Keystone. Basically, one of the many things it does is create a virtual disk drive using a percentage of storage from your original disk drive. I made a little mess with its feature and somehow managed to put a rough...
  6. Lost Unallocated Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Lost log in space on screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Lost log in space on screen: I accidentally lost the "log in" space on the screen. I swiped up on the screen before the "log in window" came up, thinking it would come up faster,now I can find it and cannot log in. Please help. Thank you.. I have a laptop, model 15-ba018wm 167241
  8. Lost up space on C drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost up space on C drive: Today, I noticed that my C drive suddenly lost 14 gigabytes !! Yesterday it was ok and it lost all that space out of a sudden. !! I tried free up disk space tool, it didn't work. Tried avg tuneup didn't work also. I scanned the laptop for virus and malware by avg antivirus...
  9. C: drive lost space randomly.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C: drive lost space randomly.: Hey all, a few hours ago, my C: drive lost space from 7GB to 4GB. And I do not know what happened. All I may really recall is that I installed a new game, then deleted it. As I did not like the game and took up a lot of storage. I also changed my :E drive from FAT32 to NTFS....
  10. Lost Disk space

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lost Disk space: Windows 10 Specifications & Systems Requirements Windows 10 System Requirements Specifications | Microsoft --- There are notes mentioning smaller volume HDD’s including 32GB. When you say lost disk space, what are you comparing that too? --- At this time, you have 2.87...