Windows 10: lost drives and operation system after running the system fresh on computer runnin off...

Discus and support lost drives and operation system after running the system fresh on computer runnin off... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need some help . I ran the fresh start program recently and lost all (C:) drives and/or important parts of operation files . couldn't reboot system .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by maniswildflower, Oct 18, 2018.

1. lost drives and operation system after running the system fresh on computer runnin off...

I need some help . I ran the fresh start program recently and lost all (Clost drives and operation system after running the system fresh on computer runnin off... :) drives and/or important parts of operation files . couldn't reboot system . only had key board to nav. left . tried but had to reboot from another thumb drive and still have to run Clost drives and operation system after running the system fresh on computer runnin off... :Drive off thumb drive ? WTF I'm no wizz but really struggling on this one

:)

maniswildflower, Oct 18, 2018

2. need list of usb bootable Operating Systems

I am looking for a good list of operating systems you can run from a usb or dvd.

If not a list, then folks can just post their top picks.

I want these to run from the usb/dvd without installing on the system or getting in the way of the system that exists on the hard drive.

Thanks in advance.

John Phoenix, Oct 18, 2018
  3. The operating system is not presently configured to run this application.

Error message: The operating system is not presently configured to run this application

Even after doing all the above steps still my problem is not resolved. Please suggest some solution.

http://www.itsmetutor.com/

ItsmeAbinav, Oct 18, 2018
  4. lost drives and operation system after running the system fresh on computer runnin off...

Error: "An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system"

Hi Stephen,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system. Now that you have me with you let me take care of this.

Do let us know if you are able to see Windows 7/ Windows 10 operating system while rebooting the device?

As you are unable to boot the operating system, this issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot rec by following the below commands and check if it helps.
    You will have to use Windows 10/7 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    operating system using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 10:
    Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

If system boots to Windows 7: Download Windows 7 Disc Images (ISO Files)

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10/7 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
    • bootrec /fixmbr

• bootrec /fixboot

• bootrec /scanos

• bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of booting the operating system for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

lost drives and operation system after running the system fresh on computer runnin off...

1. lost drives and operation system after running the system fresh on computer runnin off... - Similar Threads - lost drives operation

2. lost windows operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lost windows operating system: i baught a old toshaba laptop with windopws 8 or thats what in was told but the lady that sold it to me tryed to delit her fothers info but in do ing so she delited the intire hard drive witch would have been ok but thje laptop haser a hard drive that conects with two rowes...
  3. lost windows operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lost windows operating system: i baught a old toshaba laptop with windopws 8 or thats what in was told but the lady that sold it to me tryed to delit her fothers info but in do ing so she delited the intire hard drive witch would have been ok but thje laptop haser a hard drive that conects with two rowes...
  4. Operating System on D drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Operating System on D drive: I somehow partitioned the drive and now all files are on D:. Of course the laptop won't boot up.Can I merely copy all files from D: to C: and delete D? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operating-system-on-d-drive/bc606cfb-d323-4662-bdde-e011a75d8209
  5. Operating System on D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Operating System on D drive: I somehow partitioned the drive and now all files are on D:. Of course the laptop won't boot up.Can I merely copy all files from D: to C: and delete D? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/operating-system-on-d-drive/bc606cfb-d323-4662-bdde-e011a75d8209
  6. Operating System on D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I Lost My Operating System

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I Lost My Operating System: Split from this thread. My laptop has stucked on automatic repair and it wasn't able to boot. Then I tried with boot drive and try to repair it. And it formatted my whole c drive. And now there is no OS in my laptop and My data is also lost please help!...
  8. Lost Operating System

Lost Operating System: I recently purchased a display laptop from a retailer and it had their display security software on it. I turned it on and tried to remove the software but was unable to. I rebooted the PC and hit F 11 and tried to do a reset without wiping the entire system. I ran out of...
  9. Operating system lock (computer)

Operating system lock (computer): Hello, Dear ladies and gentlemen, please help me to make a performance of my laptop operating system. I say they stay between 5-6 minutes to open a page on Google and the partitions in My document. I make the mention that my desktop went black and opened after 10 minutes....
  10. Operating system lock (computer)

Operating system lock (computer): Hello, Dear ladies and gentlemen, please help me to make a performance of my laptop operating system. I say they stay between 5-6 minutes to open a page on Google and the partitions in My document. I make the mention that my desktop went black and opened after 10 minutes....