Windows 10: LOST dual booting function on TWO HD desktop and lost ability to run Win 10 PRO.

Discus and support LOST dual booting function on TWO HD desktop and lost ability to run Win 10 PRO. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Two HD Desktop was working fine and upon start-up showed option to run Win10 PRO (located on a 1 TB hard drive) or run Windows Vista Ultimate (located... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BJB-155, Nov 27, 2018.

1. BJB-155 Win User

LOST dual booting function on TWO HD desktop and lost ability to run Win 10 PRO.

Two HD Desktop was working fine and upon start-up showed option to run Win10 PRO (located on a 1 TB hard drive) or run Windows Vista Ultimate (located on another 1 TB hard drive). After cloning the Vista Ultimate HD to a 1 TB ssd I replace the HD with the SSD but when I restarted the system, Vista Ultimate on the SSD fired up and worked just great BUT....following the restart (after replacing the HD with the SSD) I was no longer presented with a dual boot option... the system just fired up and immediately ran Vista Ultimate.

While running the SSD I can access Drive E and see/read all the various and sundry Win10 PRO files without problem so I tried disconnecting the SSD to see if the remaining HD would still boot up to Win 10 but it wouldn't. I kept getting a message stating a need to insert a WIN 10 DVD (presumably to repair a missing or damaged file) but I don't have one and cannot find a link to an ISO file to create oneone ! On one MS site I was able to download a file (it stated it had to be to a 16GB USB flash drive) that I thought would solve the problem but I can't get it to be accessed following the display of the aforementioned error message which seems to want a DVD.

Any thoughts/help/suggestions would be appreciated. Meanwhile I have had to go back to reinstalling the SSD giving me only access to Vista Ultimate.

:)

BJB-155, Nov 27, 2018

2. Dual Screen Function Lost

I have lost the function (driver) for Dual Screens with Windows 10 on my laptop. I would like a fix for this problem . Thx

Michael Gilstrap, Nov 27, 2018
  3. Lost the ability to view my desktop in Windows 10.

Original Title: Desktop View

I have completely lost the ability to view my desktop.

Desertboy2, Nov 27, 2018
  4. MohanC Win User

LOST dual booting function on TWO HD desktop and lost ability to run Win 10 PRO.

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Nov 27, 2018
Thema:

1. LOST dual booting function on TWO HD desktop and lost ability to run Win 10 PRO. - Similar Threads - LOST dual booting

2. HD with windows 10 lost boot files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HD with windows 10 lost boot files: My hdd disk1 which has windows boot manager always started in the bios boot from the ssd disk3, yesterday I formatted my other ssd disk2 to update windows11, and the other hdds connected during the installation normally to the computer. So I checked after it was completed,...
  3. HD with windows 10 lost boot files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HD with windows 10 lost boot files: My hdd disk1 which has windows boot manager always started in the bios boot from the ssd disk3, yesterday I formatted my other ssd disk2 to update windows11, and the other hdds connected during the installation normally to the computer. So I checked after it was completed,...
  4. HD with windows 10 lost boot files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can't run two installations of Windows 10 Pro on two drives dual-boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run two installations of Windows 10 Pro on two drives dual-boot: I have a computer that has a lot of stuff installed and it's acting weird sometimes. I want to reinstall Windows 10 Pro to clean up the system. I figured the best way to move forward would be to install a second SSD, install W10Pro on the SSD, and then dual-boot until I could...
  6. Completely lost the ability to run Winaero Tweaker

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Completely lost the ability to run Winaero Tweaker: Windows 10 Pro x64 2004 VPS Ran Winaero Tweaker 0.18.0.0 (latest version) without issue in the past. However, cannot remember exactly when the last time was I ran it successfully. Click Start Menu, directly run .exe, run from command prompt, doesn't matter. It won't start....
  7. Lost dual boot with two hard drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost dual boot with two hard drives: ***Modify title from: LOST dual booting function on TWO HD desktop and lost ability to run Win 10 PRO.*** Two HD Desktop was working fine and upon start-up showed option to run Win10 PRO (located on a 1 TB hard drive) or run Windows Vista Ultimate (located on another 1 TB...
  8. Lost the ability to update Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Lost the ability to update Windows: There are a number of us in the Windows Insider Program that have lost the ability to update Windows. There are some variations on the theme but, basically, Win10 will download the package and say that there is an update that needs a reboot to install. The install/reboot...
  9. Lost the ability to save to the root of two of my drives.

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost the ability to save to the root of two of my drives.: I have a bizarre problem that has crept up following the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, and that I that I can't save files off of the internet to the root of my C: or H: drives. I can save files to the roots of the other drives, and I can save files to folders in C&H drives,...
  10. Lost half of dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost half of dual boot: Having run the Insider program for several months I decided to use my Windows 7 Pro disk to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro by creating a new partition and installing and upgrading there. The PC has happily dual-booted for a month or so from Volume2 (Insider on the original System...