Windows 10: Lost DVD APP

Discus and support Lost DVD APP in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My dvd app which I purchased for £12.49 has disappeared in my latest windows upgrade?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PETER WATSON630, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Lost DVD APP

My dvd app which I purchased for £12.49 has disappeared in my latest windows upgrade?

:)

PETER WATSON630, Oct 23, 2018

2. Lost DVD Drive after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Art,

Tell us more what's going on, please answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you make any hardware changes on your computer before this issue happened?
    • Have you checked if the DVD Drive is showing up in Device Manager?

We highly suggest that you follow the
    steps
    provided by Ivan Gospodinov that relates to this issue.

In addition, you may also follow this
    link
    for additional steps provided by Auggy.

Keep us posted.

Thank you.

Edjay Rust, Oct 23, 2018
  3. I lost the Windows DVD Player app after I Reset this PC in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• From where are you trying to re-install the Windows DVD player app?
    • Have you tried to install the KB update for DVD player app?

I would like to inform that if you perform Reset on your PC, it:

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Hence, you will have to install all the updates and apps.

Step 1: I suggest you to install the KB3081704 update for DVD player app if not yet tried and check
    if it helps.

For more information refer to: Windows DVD Player

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

1. Connect to the internet.

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Lost DVD APP

Lost DVD/CD drive in Windows 10.

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the
    DVD/CD drivers from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type device manager and select the top most search result.
    • Expand DVD/CD ROM drives, right click on the driver and select
      Uninstall option.
    • Restart the PC for the Windows to install the DVD/Cd drivers automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Get back to us if you are facing further issues, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Lost DVD APP

1. Lost DVD APP - Similar Threads - Lost DVD APP

2. Lost Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost Apps: After I removed my Hi startup pin code I lost several apps, my desktop and some drivers. Also My email accounts are all gone. How can I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-apps/10b9d1f0-4e7b-4d21-91f5-78b7bdb05dfd
  3. Lost app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost app: Has anyone out there running Windows 10 on their computer suddenly lost their Facebook App? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-app/bf309ff4-b507-4064-8342-78761bf622de
  4. DVD app

DVD app: After recently updating to windows 10 19.09 from the Creators Update my copy of DVD Player app which replaced my Media Centre app when upgrading from Windows 7 Pro (to the first iteration of Windows 10) disappeared from my app list. As a qualifying upgrade for the DVD app is...
  5. Lost files on DVD-R

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost files on DVD-R: Help please. I Burned holiday photos from Digital Camera onto a DVD-R. I then checked that the photo files were shown on the DVD-R contents list ( File Explorer) Today I put the DVD-R in the PC and these photos are missing ( no longer listed on contents) Also despite...
  6. dvd app

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dvd app: will windows DVD app allow me to play music cds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-app/706d1a81-d968-419b-bcde-864a95b5a610
  7. DVD APP

DVD APP: the dvd player came with windows 10 but it does no work, [how can i get this to work] any ideas anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-app/bfe90fd3-fa29-4df0-a865-9cac50d5a250
  8. Lost DVD Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost DVD Drive: Running Windows 10 and each time I get an upgrade my DVD drive is no longer recognised This hss happened about 4 times now - Is there a perminate fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-dvd-drive/b56502c9-3d9e-4607-b886-0fc66a7d7121
  9. A lost DVD drive ???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A lost DVD drive ???: I allowed Microsoft/Windows to completely refresh my laptop with their latest version of windows 10 & they said I could find those functions & put them back where they belong on my Lenovo laptop. However I'm know unable to play a DVD & as the drive has gone. What should I...
  10. lost apps

lost apps: 10565 created problems that sfc fixed but I lost / tiles / calender / mail / restore points / games / weather. How do I get them back when MS Windows say I have them installed--they are not in apps. I 28397