Windows 10: Lost DVD Drive

Discus and support Lost DVD Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Running Windows 10 and each time I get an upgrade my DVD drive is no longer recognised This hss happened about 4 times now - Is there a perminate fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RON1&1, Jan 16, 2019.

1. RON1&1 Win User

Lost DVD Drive

Running Windows 10 and each time I get an upgrade my DVD drive is no longer recognised This hss happened about 4 times now - Is there a perminate fix?

:)

RON1&1, Jan 16, 2019

2. Lost DVD Drive after Windows 10 upgrade

Hi Art,

Tell us more what's going on, please answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you make any hardware changes on your computer before this issue happened?
    • Have you checked if the DVD Drive is showing up in Device Manager?

We highly suggest that you follow the
    steps
    provided by Ivan Gospodinov that relates to this issue.

In addition, you may also follow this
    link
    for additional steps provided by Auggy.

Keep us posted.

Thank you.

Edjay Rust, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Dvd drive not showing

Is this the HP 15r014tx in your system specs? If so, try the steps in this thread....
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...r/td-p/6186456

It may be that your DVD drive has a hardware failure (as was suggested in that thread).

More HP support and diagnosis suggestions here in their Help pages....
    HP PCs - CD/DVD Drive Is Not Detected (Windows 10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

4. Lost DVD Drive

Lost DVD/CD drive in Windows 10.

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the
    DVD/CD drivers from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type device manager and select the top most search result.
    • Expand DVD/CD ROM drives, right click on the driver and select
      Uninstall option.
    • Restart the PC for the Windows to install the DVD/Cd drivers automatically and check if the changes are effective.

Get back to us if you are facing further issues, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Lost DVD Drive

1. Lost DVD Drive - Similar Threads - Lost DVD Drive

2. dvd drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dvd drives: Windows 11 does not recognize my ASUS DVD drives called ASUS and they stated that the DVDs I have is plug and play with windows11 where can I get the proper drivers to fix this problem?...
  3. Lost ability to burn or format disk in DVD RW Drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lost ability to burn or format disk in DVD RW Drive.: All of a sudden when I right click DVD RW Drive it no longer show ability ti format or burn a disk, know it was available last month but it's gone now. Could this be due to an update??? Have tried various way to format but constantly get message "Windows can't read the disk...
  4. Installed windows 10 2004 and lost printer and dvd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installed windows 10 2004 and lost printer and dvd drive: After installing windows 10 2004 my printer and DVD drive stopped working. I rolled it back to 1909 and my DVD drive started working again but my printer is not working. I reinstalled the printer but got an error that the system could not detect the printer. I looked at my...
  5. DVD drive

DVD drive: DVD no longer plays movies, it keeps asking to insert disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-drive/5709fd73-ed10-4786-922f-af9a7b620797
  6. Dvd drive

Dvd drive: I have a HP notebook 15ay082nr that I was given last October and the dvd drive worked, it just needed to be reset to default to delete previous owner info. Well I did that the same day I got it...and now i have a few issues but mainly it's my dvd drive. It wont open by...
  7. Lost files on DVD-R

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost files on DVD-R: Help please. I Burned holiday photos from Digital Camera onto a DVD-R. I then checked that the photo files were shown on the DVD-R contents list ( File Explorer) Today I put the DVD-R in the PC and these photos are missing ( no longer listed on contents) Also despite...
  8. Lost DVD APP

Lost DVD APP: My dvd app which I purchased for £12.49 has disappeared in my latest windows upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-dvd-app/d80907df-fd47-4cff-b65f-7fc3783c92bf
  9. A lost DVD drive ???

A lost DVD drive ???: I allowed Microsoft/Windows to completely refresh my laptop with their latest version of windows 10 & they said I could find those functions & put them back where they belong on my Lenovo laptop. However I'm know unable to play a DVD & as the drive has gone. What should I...
  10. DVD drive

DVD drive: Sometimes when I insert something in my USB port(slot) my DVD drive will disappear and I have to reboot the computer to get it back. Anybody got any ideas of what's going on, so weird. 90142

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lost dvd drive